• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Tepper seeing that nobody else here sees?

mc52beast

I’m going on the assumption that Dave has no plans of firing Matt this year. His comments about it could take five years makes me think this.

So as he has watched us go from 3-0 to 5-8, has watched Sam Darnold be everything he was in NY, has watched an o-line more resemble a pee-wee team than professionals and has watched a defense with some players seeming to quit…

What is he seeing that nobody else here sees? What is it that would make him think another year would be any different?

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m going on the assumption that Dave has no plans of firing Matt this year. His comments about it could take five years makes me think this.

I'm not convinced that this assumption is correct.

I think Tepper's statement about taking five years shouldn't be taken that he thinks a coach will get a blank check for 5 years.  I think that the next few games are critical.  Can Rhule find a way to get this team to put up a good fight and maybe steal a couple games in the hardest part of its schedule (lol no)?  If so, then that could bolster him getting a 3rd season.

It isn't just having a losing record, or starting 3-0 and falling so far.  It is the way in which the team is losing that I think means it is unlikely he gets another year.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It might be what he's NOT seeing. Everyone else is seeing that he's made a colossal mistake.

Dave Tepper's not talking AFAIK.

Dave could've come out already and given his public vote of confidence for Matt.  That hasn't happened.

We may find out what Tepper is thinking after week 16 concludes.  That'll be when the window of opportunity for interviewing coaching candidates opens.

Doesn't make much sense for the Panthers to say anything before that time.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It is the way in which the team is losing that I think means it is unlikely he gets another year.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Rhule is simply not demonstrating he has a grasp on game day management.  Week after week the Panthers are being taken advantage of by opponents that seem better prepared and more familiar with the Panthers tendencies than the Panthers themselves.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh I know I can tell since he took over team. All he ever wanted was a soccer team, tell me different.

Ok, I will.

Tepper flew to Rhule's house and helped carry in the guy's luggage, then agreed to meet all of Rhule's demands and finally offered the biggest contract ever for a first time NFL coach.  That's the guy who doesn't care?

Whatever dude. 

How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously making such unfounded comments?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh I know I can tell since he took over team. All he ever wanted was a soccer team, tell me different.

Tepper wants football and soccer for the same singular reason… legalized gambling.  Which is coming sooner rather than later.  That’s what’s he’s hedged his bet. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Ok, I will.

Tepper flew to Rhule's house and helped carry in the guy's luggage, then agreed to meet all of Rhule's demands and finally offered the biggest contract ever for a first time NFL coach.  That's the guy who doesn't care?

Whatever dude. 

How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously making such unfounded comments?

That’s all u got lol, he flew out to someone’s house and took in their luggage. That’s real funny, I could care less if u take me seriously I’ve seen enough to know.

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That’s all u got lol, he flew out to someone’s house and took in their luggage. That’s real funny, I could care less if u take me seriously I’ve seen enough to know.

What I've got shows Dave Tepper was highly motivated to beat out other teams to secure the coach he wanted for his franchise.

What you have are claims without evidence.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 3