• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your ideal Panthers offseason!

Doc Holiday

1. Fire Rhule. Fire Rhule. Fire Rhule. Did I mention fire Rhule. 

2. Hire a coach with actual NFL experience. I don't necessarily have to have the next greatest coach. 

3. Don't spend in FA and waste any comp picks we get letting some of these guys walk. We're going to need all we can get. 

4. Fitts works his trade magic and somehow Madden's our way from 8 to 15 or so and manages to pick up 2 or 3 extra 2nds and a couple 3rds, and we still get somehow get Linderbaum. Did I mention focusing on the oline? Extra picks are spent on guards and another C. Yes, we need 2 because right now we have zero.

5. Keep Cam on a team friendly deal. This year is not the year to overdraft a QB. 

6. Fitts works his trading magic again, this time sending Erving, Elfein, and Darnold to Detroit, virtually guaranteeing them the 1st pick in 2023 in exchange for a 4th or 5th or a 2025 7th if they will take those stupid contracts. Goff isn't good, but he's not guaranteed 1st pick bad. Step up Mr. Darnold and fulfill your destiny. 

7.  Focus on the oline if we don't in the draft. We need a center first and foremost (see 4). It all starts right in the middle. We all saw how much a healthy center matters when Kalil got injured and we eventually ended up with Pooadis. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

1. Fire Rhule. Fire Rhule. Fire Rhule. Did I mention fire Rhule. 

2. Hire a coach with actual NFL experience. I don't necessarily have to have the next greatest coach. 

3. Don't spend in FA and waste any comp picks we get letting some of these guys walk. We're going to need all we can get. 

4. Fitts works his trade magic and somehow Madden's our way from 8 to 15 or so and manages to pick up 2 or 3 extra 2nds and a couple 3rds, and we still get somehow get Linderbaum. Did I mention focusing on the oline? Extra picks are spent on guards and another C. Yes, we need 2 because right now we have zero.

5. Keep Cam on a team friendly deal. This year is not the year to overdraft a QB. 

6. Fitts works his trading magic again, this time sending Erving, Elfein, and Darnold to Detroit, virtually guaranteeing them the 1st pick in 2023 in exchange for a 4th or 5th or a 2025 7th if they will take those stupid contracts. Goff isn't good, but he's not guaranteed 1st pick bad. Step up Mr. Darnold and fulfill your destiny. 

7.  Focus on the oline. We need a center first and foremost (see 4). It all starts right in the middle. We all saw how much a healthy center matters when Kalil got injured and we eventually ended up with Pooadis. 

Just to be clear, what do you think should happen with Matt Rhule? 🤔

1. Let Cam go. He just doesn’t have it anymore. Darnolds contract requires that he be here next year 

2. Go “all in” on an LT in free agency. There are some good ones and we have money to spend 

3. resign Reddick and Gilmore. Extend Shaq. Let Donte and Carter walk

4. trade back in the first - pick up a starting caliber interior OL. Should be one available. Draft a QB in round 2 with the picks acquired trading out of 1. Someone will slide into round 2. Best available with the remaining picks - focusing on OL, LB, S and TE

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Somewhere fans will support the team no matter how bad they are. Somewhere fans, like Cleveland years ago or the Saints from the 70s, filled the stadium week-in and week-out regardless. 

Those days are gone. Pretty soon they will be nowhere to run to. It's a different time now. The younger generation has too many diversions and only so much disposable income.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

- Fire Matt Rhule

- Drop the full power head coach structure

- Hire Nathaniel Hackett

That's pretty much it. The specifics after that don't really concern me all that much as long as those things happen.

Mr Scott - 

I am starting and or trying to warm up to Nathaniel Hackett because I think he has the most potential; however, why such the hype from you and others?  You seem completely sold already. Didn't he get fired from the Jags; and how did he do in Buffalo? Also, I don't think he calls plays. Like I said I still like his resume, but I am not 110% sold yet.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Mr Scott - 

I am starting and or trying to warm up to Nathaniel Hackett because I think he has the most potential; however, why such the hype from you and others?  You seem completely sold already. Didn't he get fired from the Jags; and how did he do in Buffalo? Also, I don't think he calls plays. Like I said I still like his resume, but I am not 110% sold yet.

Thanks!

I'd point you back to this thread by Ricky Spanish...

Quite a bit of discussion on that topic within.