• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton is now top 25 in all time Rushing Touchdowns

WarPanthers89

4 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Some of that's true. But what's also true is we drafted duds like KB and Funches because of catch radius because Cam couldn't consistently put the ball on the money.

This is some more bs, this is what I’m talking about, so the FO who cut Steve Smith, after a playoff year and game in which he was the only wr to show up, seeing the success the two had decide to draft kb because of this myth that cam needs wrs with big catch radius’s. 

idk if you just became a fan cause it sounds like it, the fact you believe that,when DG stated why he drafted kb and funchess, which doesn’t fit your baseless narrative.

Kb was drafted because “you can’t teach 6’5” and funchess because of his potential to play multiple positions including te, y’all came up with the weird myth they were drafted because of cams high passes, when in his career cam has always thrive with smaller wrs. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

It’s only fitting in a thread about a great accomplishment for any player (much less a QB that has played the majority of his career with our team) that we have a “panthers fan” come into to do some mental gymnastics and say that he’s a bad passer and insinuate it’s not that big of a deal because it’s just “stealing TDs from running backs”. As soon as I saw the thread title I knew what it would evolve to, about as predictable as Matt Rhules press conferences.

• Flames 2

42 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

(Runs per season/career comp%)

Roger Staubach (50/57.0), Steve Young (70/64.3), Patrick Mahomes (60/65.9), Russell Wilson (90/65.1), John Elway (50/56.9), Aaron Rodgers (60/65.2), Joe Theismann (40/56.7), Brett Favre (50/62.0)

Cam Newton (100/60.0)

So many variables that you can throw in by just presenting those numbers. Numbers are so easily skewed.

How many of those runs came in the red zone, where the other quarterbacks threw for a touchdown, or attempted to?

He had more runs, which could mean he threw less?

How many of those players played a longer career and their numbers overall started to drop?

How many played a shorter career?

How many of those games were played in freezing temperatures/windy when most teams wanted to run, because passing wasnt easy?

Im not saying he doesnt belong, I just gave you a VERY small sample of why you cant go by those stats.

Which is why they use many different sources that are close to the game to decide. We are too emotionally attached as fans to decide. I dont always agree with who should have gotten in before someone else, but generally I never find myself disagreeing with who does get in.

Cam's biggest challenge will be himself. He was so polarizing. People loved him, but many hated him, even within his own fan base. He didn't fit the qb mold of what many thought he should be and act like. Not my opinion, just that is what is out there.

52 minutes ago, PeteRozelle said:

So many variables that you can throw in by just presenting those numbers. Numbers are so easily skewed.

How many of those runs came in the red zone, where the other quarterbacks threw for a touchdown, or attempted to?

How many of those players played a longer career and their numbers overall started to drop?

How many of those games were played in freezing temperatures/windy when most teams wanted to run, because passing wasnt easy?

Im not saying he doesnt belong, I just gave you a VERY small sample of why you cant go by those stats.

Which is why they use many different sources that are close to the game to decide. We are too emotionally attached as fans to decide. I dont always agree with who should have gotten in before someone else, but generally I never find myself disagreeing with who does get in.

Cam's biggest challenge will be himself. He was so polarizing. People loved him, but many hated him, even within his own fan base. He didn't fit the qb mold of what many thought he should be and act like. Not my opinion, just that is what is out there.

missing-the-point-jerry.gif

2 hours ago, PeteRozelle said:

That has less to do with Cam and more to do with Jake Delhomme cucks who would rather their QB suck complete balls and throw 5 INTs a game versus an unabashedly black and confident QB that literally did nothing wrong but try his absolute best and ruin his prime for a coach  that road his coattails to the SB.

A SB in which he was cheated out of because the NFL wanted Peyton Manning to get his retirement trophy. All the while  he was head hunted all game and the team screwed out of multiple plays that would have changed the game. The amount of hate Cam gets is honestly sad, hilarious, and astounding. The small dick losers that jump at any chance to hate on the man for continuing on in the face of a league that has villainized him this entire time just shows you how truly fragile and weak the F-150’s around here are. 

• Flames 3

15 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I just think when it comes down to Championship or no Championship you need a QB that can win with his arm and make great throws in crunch time.

Then explain Peyton Manning in Super Bowl 50.

I know the correct answer, I’m just interested in seeing how you backtrack from your clearly stated position above.

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

He was an above average QB and great Football player. 

And there it is, the ol’ “he was a football player” trope.

Maybe you should also have described him as not a QB but an “athlete”?

I only suspected before, but now I know. Thanks for finally outing yourself.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And there it is, the ol’ “he was a football player” trope.

Maybe you should also have described him as not a QB but an “athlete”?

I only suspected before, but now I know. Thanks for finally outing yourself.

Outted myself how.

Use precise language please. 

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

We got jobbed plain and simple.

Payton was done after his neck injury

But, according to you, HoF QBs always throw BB’s and win Champioships purely through the virtue of their passing skills.

So you are now denying your previously-stated view?

Edited by tiger7_88