• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christmas Updates: Tepper—you’re losing fans

davos

The reality is that winning breeds success when it comes to a fervent fan base.  The Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers don’t have big fan bases because they have better fans.  They have big fan bases because they WON.  And they did it over years and years.

Pull out the “fair weather fan” card all you want, but it’s just the reality of pro sports.

Ill be a Panther fan for life, but nobody’s going to be excited about supporting a garbage organization.  It’s still a little early to tell, but we’re getting close to the moment of truth with Tepper.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The reality is that winning breeds success when it comes to a fervent fan base.  The Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers don’t have big fan bases because they have better fans.  They have big fan bases because they WON.  And they did it over years and years.

Pull out the “fair weather fan” card all you want, but it’s just the reality of pro sports.

Ill be a Panther fan for life, but nobody’s going to be excited about supporting a garbage organization.  It’s still a little early to tell, but we’re getting close to the moment of truth with Tepper.

Agreed, I’ll watch when time permits and continue to follow but I don’t plan on investing monetarily into the team until the product is better… that’s just common sense to me, and I completely understand why the season ticket holders and PSL owners are starting to take a step back from their financial commitments.

Apparently, there are a few people in here that think a certain group of individuals should be responsible for the monetary investments into the team… looks like the OP’s family was selected as one of the responsible parties.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Cool, so you have no problem buying the OP’s families’ PSL’s?

Send your bank info, I’m sure they’d love to get you to the game tomorrow.

I buy Sunday Ticket that’s my PSL.. it’s 200-300 a season not cheap so I am not a PSL owner but I have  been a loyal Direct Sunday ticket owner for over 18 years so don’t preach to me about loyalty with your PSL poo!!

Edited by DamnItJake!
  • Poo 1

People want change for the sake of change not for any particular reason. That is not honest evaluation, something that should have been done by Rhule upon arrival. He didn't have to put the QB position into turmoil bit he did. Change for the sake of change, putting your "stamp" on the team and locker room. In hindsight Cam Newton was the better reclamation project who may have deserved a contract, instead he gets a NY Jets reclamation project preceded by a Saints reclamation project Teddy B who at the time got beat out by Taysom Hill.

I recently heard a broadcaster say Rhule was an offensive coach. That is more of an indictment than a compliment. I then understood the heart of the problem on offense.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

I wish all the whiny PSL owners that either sit and clap politely, or sell their seats every week, would just go away

we have an nfl team in Charlotte and are fortunate to have one

Having a crappy NFL team is better than no NFL team I guess. Maybe we shouldn't care about winning. 

As for those "whiny" psl owners who are fed up with blowing their cash on a team who just loses, if it wasn't for them the seats would be even more empty.

We shouldn't settle. None of us should.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I buy Sunday Ticket that’s my PSL.. it’s 300-400.. not cheap so I am not a PSL owner but I have  been a loyal Direct Sunday ticket owner for over 18 years so don’t preach to me about loyalty with your PSL poo!!

So I guess what you are saying is your loyalty is to AT&T?

And handing your hard-earned cash to AT&T is a sign of your loyalty to the Carolina organization?

Holy moly, the guy up-thread who mentioned "cult" hit it pretty close to target.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

I’m not trying to press we’re better or whatnot. We have invested since OG hornets coliseum days and we’re done. Not posting at the hope we could be swayed, it’s Christmas and my dede is pulling (let’s just say a lot) of PSLs.

Bad look locally, bad look in Philly and Chi-town 

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I buy Sunday Ticket that’s my PSL.. it’s 300-400.. not cheap so I am not a PSL owner but I have  been a loyal Direct Sunday ticket owner for over 18 years so don’t preach to me about loyalty with your PSL poo!!

Is this the same Sunday Ticket that Direct TV will give to customers for free if they threaten to leave to go to a different cable provider?

Lord almighty, ol’ Sean Payton’s Vicodin was right… a cult leaders dream.

For both of our sanity… I hope you are trolling as the PSL’s and season tickets are worth well more than your Direct TV subscription.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Boo hoo, fans will be back when the team is winning, just a bunch of fairweather fans, this level of whining is a new low for this fanbase

Fair weather fans?? This fan base has been enduring "death by a thousand cuts" for years now. After a while it is time to say fug it and find entertainment that  is worth the time and $$$. I don't blame him for giving up his seats.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Sorry, but good. Maybe the next owners of the seats will actually go to the games and cheer for the Panthers.

I was there when Dallas came and we beat their sh!t TWICE. I saw the Jake come up against JAX, the awful Cards debacle. I am a mother ******* fan who has honestly come from a line with NFL heritage and I simply am fed up. That’s it. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So I guess what you are saying is your loyalty is to AT&T?

And handing your hard-earned cash to AT&T is a sign of your loyalty to the Carolina organization?

Holy moly, the guy up-thread who mentioned "cult" hit it pretty close to target.

My loyalty has been to the Panthers that’s the only reason I have Direct Tv.. cuz I no longer live in Market!! I pay to watch this bad team like the rest.. I don’t like wasting my money!! So how the NFL handles Sunday ticket fees is beyond me but I pay to watch this clown show too!!

1 minute ago, DamnItJake! said:

My loyalty has been to the Panthers that’s the only reason I have Direct Tv.. cuz I no longer live in Market!! I pay to watch this bad team like the rest.. I don’t like wasting my money!! So how the NFL handles Sunday ticket fees is beyond me but I pay to watch this clown show too!!

And the OP’s family has paid tenfold what you are paying and they’ve made the conscientious decision that they aren’t going to do it anymore.

I pray that you aren’t suggesting that the OP’S family should have to pay more money to watch the poo show that is the Panthers because they have more money. If that’s the case, we’re approaching some looney tunes poo.

• Pie 3