• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What draft picks do we have left?

ThPantherFan

26 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

The pattern of trades is clear evidence that Rhule was not rebuilding but was trying to win right now.  He was trading away future picks for players who will help this season.   

It's the total opposite strategy of trying to build up the team for the future, which is what he should have been doing.  

Yup, could have kept Teddy, drafted fields or slater whatever you like, drafted Creed or one of the tackles in the 2nd, grabbed Trey Smith instead of a long snapper in the 5th..That'd have been a rebuild with a better record this year and more draft picks next year. Oh well I guess we'll spend the next 2 drafts making up for all the win now moves since all those guys will be free agents before you know it

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Rhule wants to fix broken players... That doesn't translate in the NFL. No wonder Hurney picked him " let's find a diamond in the poo pile" SMH..

He has so much work to do himself learning how to call an NFL game in real time, he didn't need any projects. He probably figured after Teddy calling BS that he had to find project guys to even buy into the idea that he had some kind of plan/culture or whatever he's supposedly good at. Pat Coletrane was saying every trade was too good to be true and they all were, this staff got played on all of them.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

One gullible GM for another, then.. damnit...

As if the Seahawks have done anything right since they lucked out drafting Wilson, who wants to leave before he gets destroyed behind their also horrible O-line...Maybe Tepper just said "Oh yeah Seahawks win games I'll take that guy!"

• Pie 1

Will from The 4 Man Rush was pointing out something in the post game stream from last game, this is actually a bad year to be trying to trade down. There aren't any top flight QB prospects to draw major interest like 2021 and there are two teams with multiple top 12 draft picks that are likely to make it easier and cheaper to trade up.

So, I hope Fitterer doesn't try getting cute here. Take BPA(preferably OL) and call it a day.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, BlitzMonster said:

The pattern of trades is clear evidence that Rhule was not rebuilding but was trying to win right now.  He was trading away future picks for players who will help this season.   

It's the total opposite strategy of trying to build up the team for the future, which is what he should have been doing.  

Rhule threw caution to the wind because he wanted to look good quickly, no matter what the cost would be for the Panthers long term, then jump back into the college ranks to obtain a plush,high paying head coaching job.

My guess is he did this because deep down he knew he wasn't cut out to be an NFL head coach.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

Time to unload some players for picks.. what's Robby worth?

This might not be a popular suggestion with some fans but if the Panthers could find  a willing team  they should trade Christian McCaffrey  for a 2nd and 4th rd pick.

I realize this may be hard to do considering his high salary and injury history but the Panthers will never know who might be willing to trade unless they put out some feelers.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

This might not be a popular suggestion with some fans but if the Panthers could find  a willing team  they should trade Christian McCathery for a 2nd and 4th rd pick.

I realize this may be hard to do considering his high salary and injury history but the Panthers will never know who might be willing to trade unless they put out some feelers.

We'd be doing CMC a solid as well.  No signs at this point that the Panthers are prepared to get their poo together.  They certainly won't as long as Matt's in charge.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Panthers draft situation is a disaster for 2022 w/nothing to show for it.

It's almost like Hurney never left the building.

It pains me to say this but i don't believe the inept Hurney as bad as he was, would have gotten the Panthers in a mess like they are presently in.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

This might not be a popular suggestion with some fans but if the Panthers could find  a willing team  they should trade Christian McCaffrey  for a 2nd and 4th rd pick.

The team would be trading CMC at his lowest value so minimizing the return.

At this point I'd much rather keep him and have him play the vast majority of snaps as a slot receiver like Wes Welker or Julian Edelman.   His longevity will improve significantly when he stops smashing into 320 lb defensive linemen 20 times a game.  

• Pie 2