• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Nixon

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Per normal, they have a game plan and it works to an extent until the opposition figures it out and then there's zero adjustment.  It's like they throw their hand's up once their game plan is figured out.  This staff has zero ability to in-game adjust.  That's not something by giving Rhule one more year he will be able to correct.  If Matt and staff can't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag now, how in the heck is giving them an extra year to 'figure it out' going work?

Someone previously pointed out that at the mid-college level, you can generally just find something that works and keep doing it.

Doesn't work that way in the pros.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone previously pointed out that at the mid-college level, you can generally just find something that works and keep doing it.

Doesn't work that way in the pros.

So what you're saying is that our coaching staff is mid-college level, seeing as how the Redskins ran the same stretch play to the left the whole game and we did nothing to stop it lol Our college coaching staff have been getting clowned and exposed all season.

Edited by Castavar
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Nixon makes Joe Brady look good.  Well maybe not good but the O was better under Brady.   Bout time someone in the media calls Rhule on that. 

we score less points, have less yards, run for less yards, and take more sacks under Nixon compared to Brady. 

We are worse with Nixon. Waaaay worse. We can’t even run the ball anymore 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Jeff Nixon makes me long for the Jeff Davidson days.  Thats how bad he is.  

Jeff Nixon makes me long for the Joe Brady days.  He's that bad.

We ran the same quick pitch run play to the right side 3 or 4 times yesterday, it worked well once.  Didn't even try to run it to the left side or through a different formation. 

His playbook is 3 pages max.

DJ Moore has checked out and I'm pretty sure Robbie is out there going through the motions.  This is an epic clusterfug that Tepper seems to be just fine with.

• Pie 2

It takes some coaches til their 3rd year to adjust to the NFL. I do not know. I would hate to go through another year like this one. If it happens again then I will be for showing him the door. Riverra was close tp getting fired, then became Riverboat Ron and we took off. Pete Carroll took 3 yrs too show improvement.

2 minutes ago, Stormin said:

It takes some coaches til their 3rd year to adjust to the NFL. I do not know. I would hate to go through another year like this one. If it happens again then I will be for showing him the door. Riverra was close tp getting fired, then became Riverboat Ron and we took off. Pete Carroll took 3 yrs too show improvement.

Even early Rivera gave me more hope than this bunch.

I'm not up for wasting another year hoping this bullsh-t staff somehow learns how to coach in the NFL.

It's time to cut bait.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

If one more year of Rhule gets us Bryce Young or CJ Stroud then im OK with biting the bullet and doing what we've gotta do.  We cannot continue to languish in QB purgatory forever.  Next year is when we need to make our move.  This is assuming Tepper does not go all in on Watson or Wilson or whoever this off season.

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No adjustments at all. I never thought I'd see that in the NFL. 

Have you forgotten all those years with Mike Shula?

Shula was actually good at developing game plans. He looked brilliant when Plan A worked as drawn up. But he never even had so much the thought of a Plan B.

19 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Which coaches were those? 

And Ron didn’t get fired because of how his team ended up performing in year 2.   One that clearly was being built and the results were evident and showing.   Super strong finish to year 2 by a NFL guy. 

Pete Carroll’s 2nd year as a NFL HC was his first year in New England.  He won 10 games.    And he largely was a NFL guy before becoming a HC.  He basically has been a NFL coach since the 80s.    Took a break to go to college and came back. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Nixon makes Joe Brady look good.  Well maybe not good but the O was better under Brady.   Bout time someone in the media calls Rhule on that. 

we score less points, have less yards, run for less yards, and take more sacks under Nixon compared to Brady. 

I decided to actually check the stats on this because I felt like avoiding real work instead...and here you go:

Panthers Offense.jpg

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you forgotten all those years with Mike Shula?

Shula was actually good at developing game plans. He looked brilliant when Plan A worked as drawn up. But he never even had so much the thought of a Plan B.

Come on. The comparison is not even close. But, Nixon has only had a few games, so I'll give him that  excuse (along with a lost HC)

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even early Rivera gave me more hope than this bunch.

I'm not up for wasting another year hoping this bullsh-t staff somehow learns how to coach in the NFL.

It's time to cut bait.

Love him or hate him.  Ron went out and got a talented QB to tie his fate to.  He started building a new team…..and we saw it coming together the 2nd half of year 2.  He earned a 3rd year. 

Matt Rhule is no Ron Rivera.  Seen too many reporters (Scott Fowler) try to draw parallels….which we clearly aren’t seeing