• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News for Deonte Brown fans

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I've never seen anyone bull rush Deonte. Never. Now maybe he could beat on a stunt if the guy swims past, but you can't push him back into the QB.

Hell, based on everyone else we've played at RG, Deonte Brown would at least be a larger traffic cone to run around. That's about all these other scrubs have amounted to.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

I think Deonte Brown can be a solid guard *if* he really wants to be.  Coming into the draft the big knock on him was controlling his weight and putting in the work....if that dude would do that I think he would be a steal.  Same thought I had during the draft.

I want to see him play and go from there.  It could be really eye opening that this coaching staff didn't allow this guy to get any game time in and develop if he does do a better job than what we have out there.

He can't be worse than Miller until proven otherwise.

Miller is nothing more than a traffic cone allowing our QBs to get killed.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I've never seen anyone bull rush Deonte. Never. Now maybe he could beat on a stunt if the guy swims past, but you can't push him back into the QB.

It's like these offensive lineman haven't been coached on how to handle stunts or CB/S blitzes.  Of course when you are shuffling your "versatile" linemen in and out of games you can never have a line that will communicate well and gel over the course of the season. 

Another example of why this coaching staff needs their walking papers.

• Pie 1