• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we draft IOWA center Tyler Linderbaum in the 1st round or go with a LT?

SCO96

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-board-big-board

5. OT EVAN NEAL, ALABAMA

The mammoth 6-foot-7, 350-pounder is one of the most imposing specimens ever to grace this earth — and he moves like a man 50 pounds lighter. He’s only allowed 22 pressures the past two years between left and right tackle.

6. IOL TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOWA

The best center prospect we’ve seen in the PFF College era. He was already the highest-graded center in the country in 2020, but he has taken his game to new heights in 2021, earning a 95.3 overall grade.

9. OT CHARLES CROSS, MISSISSIPPI STATE

After flashing traits in his first year as a starter in 2020, Cross became a dominant pass-protector in 2021. He went from allowing 44 pressures on 574 pass-blocking snaps last season to only 16 pressures on 719 pass-blocking snaps this year.

10. OT ICKY EKWONU, N.C. STATE

The single most dominant run-blocking tackle in the country. Ekwonu’s 18 big-time blocks in the run game this season are seven more than the next-closest Power 5 offensive lineman.

-----

Our O-line is so bad that's I'd be giddy if we drafted any of these guys. But, if Brady could hold down the LT spot the thought of adding Linderman makes me fill warm and fuzzy. 😁 Those clips from Sunday's game, and what I've seen all year, shows that our weakest pass blockers are the interior lineman.

• Pie 7

Just now, BlitzMonster said:

I wouldn't hate having Linderbaum on the roster.  But you can usually get a good starting C in round 2 or 3. 

Good to great LT are far more rare and hard to find.  That's why it should be the Panthers' choice at #6.   

Big gap between Linderbaum and C2 this year. Linderbaum is a top 10 selection, the next highest rated center has a 4th round grade.

Free agency doesn't leave much to write home about either.

So of course this means we will be going into 2022 with Elflein & Tecklenburg as the centers. 😞

• Pie 4

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

I think we almost have to trade back, though. Might be left hoping and praying someone from that list is there around 12-15. 

Forget that.   Stay at #6 and fill an obvious gaping hole on the roster.  

Don't lose one of these blue-chip talents for the sake of adding some mid round picks.   Take a guy who's an instant starter and the best "sure thing" we can find.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I'll take an all-around LT for sure. We could get a C in the second on in most drafts but we pissed that away. Unless we trade away a player or piss away next years draft, we are not going to fix all of this mess they made this year. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

Forget that.   Stay at #6 and fill an obvious gaping hole on the roster.  

Don't lose one of these blue-chip talents for the sake of adding some mid round picks.   Take a guy who's an instant starter and the best "sure thing" we can find.  

I pretty much agree and it would be the smart thing to do.  I just don't think Fitts and his trade happy ass will. He's going to wear some of the stink of the Darnold deal and feel the need to get picks and say "look I put a band-aid on it". 

I'd rather have a quarter than two dimes and a nickel. Just don't think Fitts rolls like that. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Any of these 4 guys would be great to have and would make an immediate impact at huge positions of need.  If we got Linderbaum, we could put Eiflien back at this regular G position.  If we got Neal or one of the other LTs, we could slide Brady over to LG.  Its a win-win any way we decide to do it.  Now, we just have to pray they don't decide to take Pickett or Corall or any of these other jabroni QBs this year. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'll take an all-around LT for sure. We could get a C in the second but we pissed that away. Unless we trade away a player or piss away next years draft, we are not going to fix all of this mess they made this year. 

Unfortunately, "Thou speakest the truth".

It's going to be hard to fix this line in one season...unless BC turns out to be a legit LT (or LG) and Deonte becomes a solid guard next to Moton on the right side. If this scenario panned out, then one blue chip lineman in the top 10 could turn things around in a hurry.

• Beer 2

Just now, SCO96 said:

Unfortunately, "Thou speakest the truth".

It's going to be hard to fix this line in one season...unless BC turns out to be a legit LT (or LG) and Deonte becomes a solid guard next to Moton on the right side. If this scenario panned out, then one blue chip lineman in the top 10 could turn things around in a hurry.

That is a lot of things going right when that is not how things have been going here. BC might be good enough but he isn't good enough to pass on another Slater. We would know for sure but Turdving has been out there when it's known how bad he is at LT. It's all so frustrating and just stupid football. 

• Beer 1