• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Harbaugh might be tempted to go back to NFL

SuperBowlBound

I wouldn't hate it if he has simmered down this time around. We would probably have to give him the same control Rhule has (to avoid another SF ending) and I think Tepper would be wary in doing that again.

That's why his name is linked with the Raiders, he would get the same control Gruden got.

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

When was the last time you was an NFL GM? 

Not many people make it to that level. Any GM role is an opportunity and you have to make the most of it.

Again why would Harbaugh want anything to do with Baalke?? He hates him with a passion..

2 hours ago, Dilla said:

I wouldn't hate it if he has simmered down this time around. We would probably have to give him the same control Rhule has (to avoid another SF ending) and I think Tepper would be wary in doing that again.

That's why his name is linked with the Raiders, he would get the same control Gruden got.

I pray and Hope Tepper ain't that stupid and doesn't look at things in black or white situations.. Hopefully he understands it's not just about giving full control out.. Its who you deem to give it to is the problem..

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Calling him a college coach isn't exactly accurate, but it kinda is.

Harbaugh's personality is waaaayyy better suited to coaching college kids than it is grown men.

There was word of grumbling and dissension starting to percolate in the San Francisco locker room before he was fired.

Main gripes in San Francisco were due to the incompetence of the FO, mainly Trent Baalke. 

1 minute ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Main gripes in San Francisco were due to the incompetence of the FO, mainly Trent Baalke. 

From a 2014 NFL.com story about player dissatisfaction in San Francisco...

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport told NFL GameDay Morning on Sunday that 49ers players continue to have issues with coach Jim Harbaugh.

Heading into San Francisco's critical Week 4 meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles, "the voices are getting louder and louder" on the heels of Rapoport reporting earlier this month that "there is some serious doubt about whether Harbaugh is actually all in like he professes."

"The same thing I was hearing last year is the same thing I was hearing as the season was starting -- the same thing I'm hearing now," Rapoport told NFL Media's Rich Eisen. "And some of it is from losing, but I'm told especially the veterans are grumbling already about Jim Harbaugh, and the voices are getting louder and louder."

Said Rapoport: "Some of the complaints include the fact that he kind of treats them like children. In fact, on planes, I'm told, they're not allowed to play music, they're not allowed to play cards. Small things, but these are the things that really can rankle players, even though the veterans do get to sit in first class."

Before San Francisco's regular-season opener, Rapoport noted that Harbaugh -- aware of the locker-room grumbling -- had attempted to appeal to his players before their win over the Cowboys. Since that victory, though, the Niners have dropped two straight in ugly fashion to the Bears and Cardinals, leaving the team tied with the Rams in the basement of the NFC West.

More grumbling from Niners veterans about Jim Harbaugh

There were other stories like this around the same time.

It reminds me a lot of Jon Gruden's later days in Tampa. Gruden ended up losing the Bucs job because players went to ownership saying they refused to play for him. There were indications that something similar might have wound up happening to Harbaugh in San Francisco had he kept going there.

Guys like Harbaugh and Gruden tend to see themselves as hardass coaches, and when players complain they treat it like a badge of honor.

The "angry about everything all the time" persona gets old when you're coaching adults though.  

You can get away with stuff like that at the college level where you're basically king of everything.

At the pro level? Not so much.