• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith weighs in on Panthers situation

Cary Kollins

30 minutes ago, mav1234 said:
33 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I missed that, what did you say?

It was a week or two ago now. I thought he'd be retained then (I think so now too although who knows if we get blown out this weekend), but I don't think that is a good decision, and I think he'll be fired mid season next year.

So noted 🤙

Odds are low that Rhule will ever lead the team to a Super Bowl...if history is an indicator chances are less than 13%.

Honestly, I think it's a straight up coin-flip that he makes it back into his office next Tuesday...

...all indications/reports (ex. F.J. Person & Finebaum) seem to indicate he will be given another year but Tepper's D.N.A. and the world within which he made his fortune would portend for Rhule's metaphorical head being lopped off before the post-lunch Cuban coffee is served in the Panthers offices on Monday...

...the only thing left to do now is wait and see what happens 🧐

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We run a high school offense. To call it a college offense would be disrespectful to college offenses. We run the same bullshit slants constantly and the opposing D is just sitting there waiting for them. We could have an All Pro caliber QB and WRs and I honestly don't think it would make a huge difference. Everyone knows what's coming.

This.  I don't care who you put on the OL or at QB.  Fact is our guys are not able to get open because the offense is so predictable.  

Genuinely coming in and making things better would have engendered more good will from the community and may have come at a much much cheaper cost and much less drama. Instead the common "rebuild"(let me figure this out) con that is constantly sold to fans of bottom feeding franchises. We're now fighting for scraps from the Jets ...

Not saying he should have kept Ron or Cam even, but they should have been replaced with equal or superior talent. If not, if you're into winning actual NFL keep good/great parts and focus on weak position groups (OL) and go from there. Instead this voyage of crashing a franchise and pissing off the community is the order of the day. Smh.

20 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

The fact we have so many former players seeing the BS shows me I am not crazy in thinking the Panthers are a clown show. 

Stewart, Boston, and now Steve Smith....

I mean if this hasn't gotten to Tepper that at the very least two of the BEST Panthers all time are saying this is not a good look, I honestly do not know what will. 

Rhule defaced the team, and they tried to dismiss the heart of the team #keepponding motto....we didn't need a new culture, or a remake we needed someone to come in, and add to what we had what was in place. 

All Rhule has done is regress the team, less cap, less picks less offensive production. 

We were 7-9 in 2019, Ron was fired in December, in the 2020 and 2021 seasons we have TOTALED, let me repeat that TOTALED 10 wins as of the time of this post. 

2019 - 7 wins

2020 - 2021 - 10 wins

Rhule has no idea what he is doing, the on roster player support is fluff, if they didn't they'd derail their own careers. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

Stewart, Boston, and now Steve Smith....

I mean if this hasn't gotten to Tepper that at the very least two of the BEST Panthers all time are saying this is not a good look, I honestly do not know what will. 

Rhule defaced the team, and they tried to dismiss the heart of the team #keepponding motto....we didn't need a new culture, or a remake we needed someone to come in, and add to what we had what was in place. 

All Rhule has done is regress the team, less cap, less picks less offensive production. 

We were 7-9 in 2019, Ron was fired in December, in the 2020 and 2021 seasons we have TOTALED, let me repeat that TOTALED 10 wins as of the time of this post. 

2019 - 7 wins

2020 - 2021 - 10 wins

Rhule has no idea what he is doing, the on roster player support is fluff, if they didn't they'd derail their own careers. 

The NFL fraternity is taking his newb ars to the woodshed. He should have come in as a coordinator first and they all know it. 

If we're not shopping for a new coach *cough*Harbaugh*cough* Dr.Tepper is insane.

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The NFL fraternity is taking his newb ars to the woodshed. He should have come in as a coordinator first and they all know it. 

If we're not shopping for a new coach *cough*Harbaugh*cough* Dr.Tepper is insane.

Coordinate what? He was an OC for Temple for 4 years prior to his 1 year of OL coaching for the Giants. Temple's offense was ranked 82, 41, 79, and 40 during those four season. Amazing work.