• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Audio: The State of the Panthers (Fox Sports Upstate)

ellis

49 minutes ago, ellis said:

Hey guys. I do an afternoon show down here at Fox Sports Upstate. I spent some time today diagnosing some of the problems with the Panthers, thought I would share my perspective with you. 

Hoping to have Joe Person on tomorrow to dive into his latest article, and some thoughts on Carolina’s future. 

Thanks for letting me share. Hope everybody’s having a good new year!

Direct link: Fox Sports Upstate: John Ellis on the Panthers

Love the show but do you think the Brady firing was out of line??

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Love the show but do you think the Brady firing was out of line??

I think it was premature. I don’t think the explanation given was completely satisfactory, but that’s just me. Here’s the thing: Sam was on the shelf, but was always going coming back and play IMO. I think Brady could’ve done some good things to help Sam develop down the stretch. I don’t think making that move made them better in the short term, and I’m not sure how they handled it makes them better long-term. Brady was not without fault, but I wasn’t a big fan of doing it this early. Again, that’s just me.

• Pie 3

Just now, ellis said:

I think it was premature. I don’t think the explanation given was completely satisfactory, but that’s just me. Here’s the thing: Sam was on the shelf, but was always going coming back and play IMO. I think Brady could’ve done some good things to help Sam develop down the stretch. I don’t think making that move made them better in the short term, and I’m not sure how they handled it makes them better long-term. Brady was not without fault, but I wasn’t a big fan of doing it this early. Again, that’s just me.

My problem with this thinking is.. Just like Rhule I think hiring a pass game coordinator with no play calling and little to no NFL experience was a mistake.. And the only thing I agree with Rhule about is it seem Brady inexperience was fallen into a pattern.. Both seem to fail and acknowledge how bad this Oline was.. Especially pass blocking and how it was affecting the whole team.. And I think it was Chris Simms that said we all got fooled thinking Brady was this young genius because of LSU passing offense.. But Reality was NFL DC had figured him out and he wasn't showing any different pitches.. So I agree the explanation was none existent.. But we could already see division when it came to not running the ball.. Being a Rhule discussion point every press conference.. Right??

Do you think like Ron had to do.. If Tepper is going to keep Rhule another year he will force him to hire a former HC on his staff?? 

That is something I don't understand about these new coaches.. They fail and fight against having someone on their staff more experienced then them.. And go thru seasons of bad time management and situational play calling and practice habits..

They rather learn the hard way instead of relinquishing some power to somebody on their staff..

Edited by WOW!!