• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers taking offers for Cmac in the off-season

Leotiger

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

That's been my soapbox since the Double Trouble days.   I don't like first round RBs and  I don't like second contracts.   

I mean, CMC is a bad dude.  Love to watch him play.  Just seems like a pointless way to build a team in the NFL. 

I cringed when Marty gave him that contract. I was hoping that he’d turn out to be more of a receiver than a runner…but for whatever reason they never pursued that path. 

5 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

I always lol at people who use gifs for their  argument. Moving CMC to the slot is fine, but giving our best player the ultimatum to either do so or retire is something that has never been done in league history. Just imagine that story breaking.. Forcing our All Pro RB to retire.  We’d be looked at as a more toxic organization than the Texans. Or the Lions with their handling of Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson. We’d have no chance attracting free agents. 

com·pre·hen·sion | \ ˌkäm-pri-ˈhen(t)-shən  , -prē- \
Definition of comprehension
1a: the act or action of grasping with the intellect : UNDERSTANDING
children who have difficulty with comprehension of spoken language
What the artist actually needs is comprehension of his aims and ideals by men he respects …
— H. L. Mencken

Link

If people keep speaking to you in caveman then you might just be missing the reason. 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

CMC has a 2022 DEAD CAP hit of -- 26M to keep it simple -- 14M is his salary in 2022 -- so you'd be looking at a NEGATIVE cap hit of 12M aka you nerfed your own cap by doing this. (via Spotrac)

Only way for something like this to work is to take ''less'' value in a trade so the receiving team will take on more of his GUARANTEED SALARY to lessen the dead cap hit -- I see little market for a HB that hasn't played a full season since 2019, and has the price tag he does.

The money doesn't make sense -- we have DJ / Reddick / Jackson / Gilmore all to consider for extensions, and we need to add OL -- we can't afford to create negative cap space. We also owe Darnold 18.8M -- if we trade anything, we likely trade our 6th overall pick to acquire more draft stock because that will be the best way to add quality OL at a premium to the roster.

This.  100% this.  Not sure why people are not getting this.

However in the oft chance we trade him for like a 3rd and take the hit then we are in LA Clippers (Sterling era),  NY Jets,  Charlotte Hornets (shinn era) territory. 

36 minutes ago, Mage said:

The ideal touch count for him is about 10-12 in the run game and 5-7 in the receiving game.  

This seems very reasonable. Those thinking we can just flip him to a WR 100% of the time lose sight of the matchup advantage that he’d be losing. I like him all day against LBs and even most safeties but corners won’t be as easy to shed.

I would like to see him coming out of the backfield but catching more balls, especially on early downs. That seems like the sweet spot for him. High percentage throws that are getting us 5-8 yds without him getting popped by 300 pound men. Seems like there could even be some effective 2-back options if the panthers are ever able to land a proficient offensive coordinator. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

com·pre·hen·sion | \ ˌkäm-pri-ˈhen(t)-shən  , -prē- \
Definition of comprehension
1a: the act or action of grasping with the intellect : UNDERSTANDING
children who have difficulty with comprehension of spoken language
What the artist actually needs is comprehension of his aims and ideals by men he respects …
— H. L. Mencken

Link

If people keep speaking to you in caveman then you might just be missing the reason. 

Still waiting on a valid response from you. I’m not going to play your childish games 

hell yeah. if the panthers are willing to give up a second for buttfuggin sam darnold there has to be some pick-laden team willing to toss a high third or something for CMC.

get his ass off the books, let chubba take the reigns, draft a late round scat back, use the pick on a guard or something.

no question 

• Beer 1

It makes sense, given the lack of draft capital this coming offseason along with his price tag. Even so, it feels like the team is just willingly getting worse. Chuba is nowhere near the RB that CMC is, but the money it would free up could go towards two quality free agents to put on the interior. Replacing Miller/Jordan/Daley/Elflein immediately makes the offense immeasurably better.

This franchise is so fuggin dumb.

We could of traded him for a haul a couple of years ago but instead sign him to a ridiculous contract.  We'll have to trade him for peanuts now and eat a bunch of dead cap.

The panthers are lucky to have any fans at all.

16 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

This seems very reasonable. Those thinking we can just flip him to a WR 100% of the time lose sight of the matchup advantage that he’d be losing. I like him all day against LBs and even most safeties but corners won’t be as easy to shed.

I would like to see him coming out of the backfield but catching more balls, especially on early downs. That seems like the sweet spot for him. High percentage throws that are getting us 5-8 yds without him getting popped by 300 pound men. Seems like there could even be some effective 2-back options if the panthers are ever able to land a proficient offensive coordinator. 

It's certainly not a lock but he is our best rout runner and he is our best pass catcher. There is a higher chance he could become a WR vs likelihood of not getting IRed again as a RB. If we are not using him as a runner out of the backfield we lose the same advantage when other teams know we wont vs knowing he will get hurt when running. 

It's not a lock by any means, just a shot to salvage his contract and career. The guy is done as a RB at this point. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Poo 1