• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we don't resign Jackson and Reddick....

musicman

Don't we get 2 conditionals (a 3rd or 4th round pick) or 1 or each?

Reasons: Burns is identical and Gross is a future (stronger DE). If Gillmore signs and we like Taylor, we have Horn as our #1.

Get the picks but not doing anything.

Edited by musicman
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, musicman said:

Don't we get 2 conditionals (a 3rd or 4th round pick) or 1 or each?

Reasons: Burns is identical and Gross is a future (stronger DE). If Gillmore signs and we like Taylor, we have Horn as our #1.

Get the picks but not doing anything.

It would depend on what contracts they sign with their new team.  I’m not sure of how it all works offhand but Reddick will get paid.  We’ll probably get a 3rd for him.  If they both sign big deals elsewhere we’ll get two separate picks I believe 

9 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

It would depend on what contracts they sign with their new team.  I’m not sure of how it all works offhand but Reddick will get paid.  We’ll probably get a 3rd for him.  If they both sign big deals elsewhere we’ll get two separate picks I believe 

The formula is also affected by who we sign as FA's as well. So even if we let those and other guys go. If we sign other qualifying players then we may not get any comp. picks

I don't see us resigning Jackson.  We have so much invested in the secondary, just can't afford it.  And I am not sure he wants to come back.  He has seen 3 years of dysfunction here and next year is likely to be more of the same, even if we get a new coach.  He might want a fresh start.  So hopefully we do get a pick out of it.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

A key point is that we would mostly need to stay out of free agency. If we sign as many players as we lose, we don't get any comp picks. So the one thing we have to make sure we avoid is signing a bunch of JAGs just to fill out the roster. 

Or players that were cut because they don't count. 

With the investments we've made at CB, I'm inclined to let D-Jax walk and take the comp pick. 

Reddick depends on scheme IMO. Either rub a straight up 3-4 or let him walk and take the comp pick. In 4-3 base, he and Reddick are redundant and light on the pants against the run. They're nightmare bookends as 3-4 OLBs though.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't see us resigning Jackson.  We have so much invested in the secondary, just can't afford it.  And I am not sure he wants to come back.  He has seen 3 years of dysfunction here and next year is likely to be more of the same, even if we get a new coach.  He might want a fresh start.  So hopefully we do get a pick out of it.

Wouldn’t be smarter to tag and trade him?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the investments we've made at CB, I'm inclined to let D-Jax walk and take the comp pick. 

Reddick depends on scheme IMO. Either rub a straight up 3-4 or let him walk and take the comp pick. In 4-3 base, he and Reddick are redundant and light on the pants against the run. They're nightmare bookends as 3-4 OLBs though.

Could trade and tag him too…or maybe not?

Edited by onmyown

Just now, Toomers said:

He won’t get 11M/yr. No team is going to give a pick to pay him 15M(tag). 

I thought teams generally restructured with a long term deal for a tag and trade with the idea everyone is on board and the only purpose is not just let players walk aka Peppers, though you’re right Pep was worth every penny.

And I’m just throwing poo here I don’t know if this is possible contract wise to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Michael G said:

The formula is also affected by who we sign as FA's as well. So even if we let those and other guys go. If we sign other qualifying players then we may not get any comp. picks

Ah, yeah I forgot about that.  That blows.  With Rhule returning imo he’s going to go balls to the wall signing people to save his job.  

• Pie 1