• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

11 hours ago, SCO96 said:

In an ideal scenario, Brady and Deonte would become solid starters at the LT and RG spots. Moron would continue to hold the RT position. We could draft Tyler Linderbaum at number 6 and watch him become the top center in the league for the rest of the decade, and then snag a high quality LG that drops to the 4th round and start him in 2022.

PRESTO...a rebuilt offensive line with 4 new starters for the 2021-2022 season with very little damage to our salary cap.

Except trade back and still Linderman and pickup more picks needed

23 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Except trade back and still Linderman and pickup more picks needed

I understand the logic. That would be an even more ideal scenario than the one I proposed. Here are my fears about your suggestion.

1) Is there anyone on the draft board that you think another teams values enough to trade up for and give up later draft choices?

2) Are we expecting a first round pick next years draft in return for the trade? I'd be cool if we could get a #2 and a #3 or even a #2 and a #4 after moving down a few slots. I think a lot of Huddlers feel we shouldn't make a deal unless we got a #1 in the 2022 draft.

3) How far back can we afford to trade back and be assured he'll still be on the board when we pick? Knowing our luck someone will snag Linderbaum a pick or two before us (like Justin Herbert in 2020 and Penei Sewell last year). Are there any teams out there who could use Linderbaum as much (if not more) than us? If so, we've got to account for them wanting to trade up or us going too far down and losing out on him.

Edited by SCO96

23 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

6. Carolina Panthers: OT Charles Cross, Mississippi State

2322c78175d3fb4330c466199ca52081_crop_exact.jpg

How would the huddle feel about this pick I think we do this to set up a QB pick next year...

The Carolina Panthers don't have a solution at quarterback, yet they're staring down a draft class without a legitimate standout option at the position. 

The organization could reach for one if those within the front office and coaching staff believe in a certain prospect. Inevitably, some team is going to pull the trigger much sooner than expected because of the position's importance. 

In this case, the more prudent approach is building a better cockpit for whoever starts behind center in 2022. The Panthers chose to move forward with Cam Erving as their starting left tackle. Unsurprisingly, he didn't fare particularly well. Maybe Brady Christensen will move into the role full time, but a better option exists in Mississippi State's Charles Cross, who's the class' best pure pass blocker, with Christensen sliding inside to guard. 

"Cross should be in consideration for being the best tackle in the draft because of how technically proficient he is as a pass-blocker despite being extremely young and inexperienced," Thorn said. "With a rare level of refinement in his pass sets and hands, Cross uses outstanding balance, quickness and length to thrive on an island. This is exactly what the Panthers have been desperately in need of, and adding Cross would give them a high-, high-upside player who fills a major need.

"Cross is always under control as a run-blocker with the right demeanor and above-average play strength to be an asset there as well.

This is who i want unless he falls off. I don't trust the big size of the Alabama guy. This guy will be great. Don't fall for the QB hype, the QB's are mostly garbage.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I understand the logic. That would be an even more ideal scenario than the one I proposed. Here are my fears about your suggestion.

1) Is there anyone on the draft board that you think another teams values enough to trade up for and give up later draft choices?

2) Are we expecting a first round pick next years draft in return for the trade? I'd be cool if we could get a #2 and a #3 or even a #2 and a #4 after moving down a few slots. I think a lot of Huddlers feel we shouldn't make a deal unless we got a #1 in the 2022 draft.

3) How far back can we afford to trade back and be assured he'll still be on the board when we pick? Knowing our luck someone will snag Linderbaum a pick or two before us (like Justin Herbert in 2020 and Penei Sewell last year). Are there any teams out there who could use Linderbaum as much (if not more) than us? If so, we've got to account for them wanting to trade up or us going too far down and losing out on him.

if a QB desperate team like Shittsburgh (Ben will be back though, bank on it) thinks we are taking a QB and we can drop a few spots and still get Cross, then by all means go ahead.

34 minutes ago, RumHam said:

if a QB desperate team like Shittsburgh (Ben will be back though, bank on it) thinks we are taking a QB and we can drop a few spots and still get Cross, then by all means go ahead.

The only reason I could see is moving down a couple spots is bc there are a few OTs that are top 10 worthy.

I like getting offensive linemen from certain colleges. I just notice a pattern of certain college offensive linemen being good and being bust. I feel like a lot of good offensive linemen come from the big 10, like Iowa, Ohio state. Also Oklahoma seems to make good offensive linemen. I feel like there have been some big bust coming from SEC and ACC teams. Texas A&M and Ole Miss come to mind.

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Pittsburgh as a whole are a conservative well run franchise.  I seriously seriously doubt they do something crazy like give a huge package to move up to 6

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I like getting offensive linemen from certain colleges. I just notice a pattern of certain college offensive linemen being good and being bust. I feel like a lot of good offensive linemen come from the big 10, like Iowa, Ohio state. Also Oklahoma seems to make good offensive linemen. I feel like there have been some big bust coming from SEC and ACC teams. Texas A&M and Ole Miss come to mind.

Thats not a proper way to scout. If we go by that logic we wouldn't have a pro bowler in Brian burns because he is the exact same player as Everett brown.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, Growl said:

Lol you want to put Sam Darnold out there again? That’s your plan?

hahahahaha no thanks. Having the same QB from year to year isn’t an ideal to be accomplished if the QB is the leagues worst. What QB will the panthers be able to acquire next offseason? Which QBs will be available? Where will they be drafting?

unless you know the answers to those questions then you cannot bypass having a bird in hand.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pittsburgh as a whole are a conservative well run franchise.  I seriously seriously doubt they do something crazy like give a huge package to move up to 6

They moved up to 10 a few years ago for a MLB.. So it might happen..