• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schaffer now singles out Matt Rhule as the only failing coach who hasn’t been fired, yet.

Julio

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would be more then willing to be open to a 3rd year if rhule showed even a faint sense that he had a clue that he knows what he is doing.   Setting aside his actual coaching the things like roster makeup, qb choices, joe Brady, Christensen, etc just scream to me he hasn’t a clue.  There is no plan in place at all.  

This. If the record sucked but we were fielding a competitive team showing improvement with a coach who was articulating intelligent ideas on how to take the next step forward that would be a completely different scenario than our current total clown show.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I would be more then willing to be open to a 3rd year if rhule showed even a faint sense that he had a clue that he knows what he is doing.   Setting aside his actual coaching the things like roster makeup, qb choices, joe Brady, Christensen, etc just scream to me he hasn’t a clue.  There is no plan in place at all.  

Personnel decisions were and are atrocious... Waiting until the last week or two to see some rookies at all, UGH... And QB is hard to get right yet somehow Rhule has gotten it so incredibly wrong.  The very fact we brought fuging PJ Walker back immediately is mind boggling. We already are bound to Darnold's poo play with his poo contract, why retain another below backup level player???? Favoritism is why.

Then the in game "adjustments" if you can call them that... The clock management... Lol... He's just so lost.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't want a reactive owner that fires a promising coach after one bad season.

But this season as a total shitshow and it isn't like last year was great.

It's time to move on.  It isn't being reactive. It's examining the lack of progress and realizing this isn't a winning formula.

I can’t think of one positive thing Rhule has done here. Nothing. Bring back Cam to appease fans? 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I can’t think of one positive thing Rhule has done here. Nothing. Bring back Cam to appease fans? 

If Cam even was Rhule ... That would be a positive... But it only happened because of his ineptitude at finding and developing talent at most levels on the team. QB play was atrocious but so were the critical positions around it. He actually seems to get less out of players than one would expect them capable of, just look at DJ.

Edit: he did bring in some incredible FA acquisitions on D... But the D is imo still overrated in terms of overall rank. It's way way better than the O for sure, but good healthy opponents took it to town repeatedly.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

Ok well trading for Gilmore - even though he contributed very little this season and may not resign - I guess could be a positive. I’ll give him that one. But other than that he hasn’t done poo. 

fan morale is at one of the lowest I’ve ever seen;

1st and 2nd round draft picks are not contributing and in TMJs case being a healthy scratch;

players like Chinn and Robby have regressed; the OL and QB play are horrendous;

one draft pick in top 100;

the coaching staff is one of the least qualified for a nfl roster and it shows during games:

his talent evaluation is very suspect I.e. Brady Christensen and some stupid argument about arm length 

coaches don’t make second half adjustments 

Rhule was outcoached and thoroughly beat by 7 coaches now also unemployed not to mention completely embarrassed by certified moron Joe Judge 

we fired Joe Brady and replaced him with someone who is much, much worse 

I mean do I need to go on 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Beer 2