• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schaffer now singles out Matt Rhule as the only failing coach who hasn’t been fired, yet.

Julio

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Problem:  After four historically bad years, David Tepper still believes he is much smarter than the 31 other owners.

Reality:  David Tepper isn't ready to admit he was duped by a used car salesman.

Why I'd look at a guy like Colbert.

There's no shortage of people who'd be willing to tell Tepper he's a dumbsh-t. The hard part is finding someone he might actually listen to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

<cough>Greg Olsen 2011<cough>

There were others, but that one outweighs any of the "splash" moves we've made this past season alone. Wayyyyy outweighs. 

Not saying Marty was a genius at all, but let's not get all big and bold about the 2021 season's acquisitions. Gilmore looks like a good DB, but that was two interceptions on a team that just was getting killed every weekend since he joined.

Gilmore is relatively speaking a better player at his position, but the trade was basically a few months rental if he doesn't agree to stay.  If he does, it may become the best trade in our history.  If he doesn't, you're right that Olsen overall was a better trade. A big part of that was the longevity and quality play Olsen brought to the TE position imo.

• Pie 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

Gilmore is relatively speaking a better player at his position, but the trade was basically a few months rental if he doesn't agree to stay.  If he does, it may become the best trade in our history.  If he doesn't, you're right that Olsen overall was a better trade. A big part of that was the longevity and quality play Olsen brought to the TE position imo.

Gilmore better than Olsen?

Really?

Dang, man.

Really?

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Gilmore better than Olsen?

Really?

Dang, man.

Really?

I agree Olsen was excellent.  However, at the time we made each respective trade, Gilmore was by far the bigger signing.

Olsen wasn't anything special in Chicago.  Yes, he was good.  More importantly, he was young with potential to be better.

Gilmore on the other hand has a history of excellence before he ever set foot in BoA.

Olsen will go in the ring and rightfully so.  But Gilmore was the bigger signing. 

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t know if we are terrible next year, and if Rhule is the coach I think we will be, it could be really funny because it is so absurd. 

It sure is looking that way. This season reeks of 2010 all over at best. Laughing at the failures is the best option I can see.

Just now, CBDellinger said:

I think Tepps hands are tied.  We only have a few picks, the cap isn’t in great shape and the offense needs a total overhaul.  Not many head coach candidates that want to inherit that in year one. 

I think this is not an unusual situation actually for a coach to inherit.  Usually teams hiring are hurting in many of those ways.  We also do have the 6th overall pick and should have our choice of many options to boost the O.

37 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Problem:  After four historically bad years, David Tepper still believes he is much smarter than the 31 other owners.

Reality:  David Tepper isn't ready to admit he was duped by a used car salesman.

There are so many things to change in this organisation unfortunately. I will still root for them though. Rhule has to go though. NanuqoftheNorth, you are correct.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

I agree Olsen was excellent.  However, at the time we made each respective trade, Gilmore was by far the bigger signing.

Olsen wasn't anything special in Chicago.  Yes, he was good.  More importantly, he was young with potential to be better.

Gilmore on the other hand has a history of excellence before he ever set foot in BoA.

Olsen will go in the ring and rightfully so.  But Gilmore was the bigger signing. 

Olsen was a potential foundation player being 26 at the time of the trade. Gilmore was a bandaid at 31. I mean, if we're going off of total careers, then Reggie White is the biggest signing in Panthers history but that's a ridiculous argument to make.

Early this morning at 7 AM as I was on the elevator going to take my dog out, and I got a twitter notification on my phone from the official Panthers account. It showed Rhule's fat face and the preview I could read said "The Carolina Panthers have decided to part ways with head coach..."

I clicked to open it, with so much excitement. Black Tuesday I guess, but it felt like Christmas. But as the elevator went down, I lost signal. Once I got outside I furiously refreshed twitter, but the tweet had disappeared! I had just imagined it in my half asleep state, and I think it was probably this tweet that I misread:

fug Rhule. That is all.