• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With your number 6 pick Daniel Jermiah mocks you...another corner

micnificent28

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You dont think Marcus Mariota would improve the panthers?

Bar is set pretty low there and so would the level of expectation.

Seriously....we suck and as long as Rhule is managing the team and Tepper is stupidly letting her m do his thing it's an embarrassing dumpster fire.

These morons don't have a clue and I'm seriously tired of the whole thing. It's a waste of a team and, because of that, a water of devotion.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

LOL 

The truth is though, I don't think we're in a position to turn our noses up at any QB, especially any UFA that could be a bridge to a franchise guy.

I figure it this way: at least we wouldn't have to give up any draft compensation, get outright fleeced, or pay a whole lot for possibly marked improvement. And, truth be told, we need to improve the entire M-F-in' room (because we can't clear it, unless we pay Sammy for nothing).

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

LOL 

The truth is though, I don't think we're in a position to turn our noses up at any QB, especially any UFA that could be a bridge to a franchise guy.

I figure it this way: at least we wouldn't have to give up any draft compensation, get outright fleeced, or pay a whole lot for possibly marked improvement. And, truth be told, we need to improve the entire M-F-in' room (because we can't clear it unless we pay Sammy for nothing).

Mariota doesn't bring anything to us. We had our bridge QB at the time(Teddy) and we all got mad(fans and coaches alike) and blew that up.

After extending PJ Walker and trading for/extending Darnold, my gut tells me whatever we do at QB will likely be ultimately worse.

That just seems to be the Matt Rhule way. I also expect that our OL will get worse in 2022. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Mariota doesn't bring anything to us. We had our bridge QB at the time(Teddy) and we all got mad(fans and coaches alike) and blew that up.

After extending PJ Walker and trading for/extending Darnold, my gut tells me whatever we do at QB will likely be ultimately worse.

That just seems to be the Matt Rhule way. I also expect that our OL will get worse in 2022. 

In my opinion, Mariota brings something, and that's legit competition for Darnold and an overall upgrade to the room. 

Now, you may be right in your intimation; there's nothing to suggest that our coaches--damn the fans--would be open to a bridge guy based upon what happened with Teddy, but I'd like to think that they'd have learned by now that overpaying for mediocrity (or worse in Darnold's case) is not the way to go. Someone--Rhule, Fitterer, Tepper had to learn something. 

As for Walker, I'm hoping that once McAdoo comes in and views the tape, he'll convince Rhule of the error of his ways and make him realize that we can do better. Unlike Darnold, who will likely get the best paydays of his life next season, we're only on the hook for Walker to the tune of $150,000. 

Now I know this is a lot of hoping, and doesn't jibe with Rhule's history, but I choose to be optimistic. Within that same vein of optimism, I believe that the only way our O-line is worse is if Rhule is thickheaded enough not to listen to Fitterer, McAdoo and those with more professional experience on staff. I do acknowledge that it's a possibility however, but not likely as everyone wants to keep their job.

• Beer 2