• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Rhule going to give up for Jimmy G?

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I know Rhule was desperate for a QB after the Watson thing flopped but fug, he could have gotten Andy Dalton in FA and got better play. Didn't have to trade picks for him and take his 5th year bonus.

Yeah, there were several QBs that were available that wouldn't have cost the Panthers a single draft pick, many that had better records than Sam.

Baffling that Rhule would sign off on trading for a QB that was worse than just about any other available in free agency.  Is it possible none of the alternatives would consider Carolina or is Rhule simply that bad of a judge when it comes to QBs?

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Teddy was a Hurney, Brady boy.. That's why it was so easy to let him go.. They won't do the same with Sam.. You can see how they still cover up for Sam in interview... They trashed Teddy before the season was over last year...

I think they just got plain pissed off when Teddy threw the staff under the bus. They have to know they have no chance at getting a fourth year of they roll with Darnold again.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think they just got plain pissed off when Teddy threw the staff under the bus. They have to know they have no chance at getting a fourth year of they roll with Darnold again.

Yeah I hope so to but if they can't get a Watson or Cousins.. Imo they will stick with Sam and Cam  and Draft a young QB in the draft.. Again they aren't totally trashing Sam they aren't saying they will commit to him but they aren't trashing him like everybody in the organization did to Teddy...

Hopefully it comes down to what Mcadoo wants and Rhule and Tepper let him do the offensive evaluation..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah I hope so to but if they can't get a Watson or Cousins.. Imo they will stick with Sam and Cam  and Draft a young QB in the draft.. Again they aren't totally trashing Sam they aren't saying they will commit to him but they aren't trashing him like everybody in the organization did to Teddy...

Hopefully it comes down to what Mcadoo wants and Rhule and Tepper let him do the offensive evaluation..

Chances are Teddy would've still been on the team if he hadn't called out the coaches for their incompetence.  TB was far from perfect, but he was miles better than Sammy (who we are apparently keeping).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Chances are Teddy would've still been on the team if he hadn't called out the coaches for their incompetence.  TB was far from perfect, but he was miles better than Sammy (who we are apparently keeping).

Or if he ran the plays they told him to.. But whatever happened it went all the way to the top because even Tepper was shitting on Teddy.. So he pissed alot of ppl off with whatever he did..

14 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Fwiw, I think with Teddy, we probably win two to three more games this past year.  Of course, some here would consider that a bad thing.

I can't think of a team with a worse QB room than ours.  I really can't.

In terms of drafting a QB this year, I'm for it . . . except that there is no one here for him to learn from.  Darnold?  PJ?  These are the guys we want to see helping a rookie learn?  Yikes.

As far as Jimmy G goes, there is no way we can get him with sacrificing our future completely.  SF is in the drivers seat.  JG's contract next year is NOT guaranteed.  They can cut him and his 24 million dollars with only 1.4 million in dead cap to show for it.  Sam's contract is fully guaranteed.  We all know that the only way we bring in an NFL starting QB of any stripe is by making Sam part of the deal.  That 18 million has to go.  I don't see how you trade 24 million non-guaranteed for 18 million guaranteed with some sort of make weight coming from our side.

• Beer 1