• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen talks with The Athletic

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Whatever....just fix the OL. Get Armstead, Norwell, and that center from Tampa or Tennessee. 

Get good vets that won't take a learning curve. 

That way it give you the flexibility of drafting a QB without getting him killed or rolling with Sam 🤢 and taking away any excuses.

And then find a TE and for Peak's sake don't friggin trade him away, moron.

Solid but Armmstead is just another overpriced injury prone LT at this point, same as the last 2 years. I expect a rookie QB but I would much rather see a stud LT in the first and be done with it for 10 years. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think we had a lot better personnel on defense than we did on offense. Doubt anybody would disagree with that.

Scheme-wise though? Phil Snow's defensive plans weren't all that hard to counter. Multiple teams showed us that.

i'll definitely give you that. we were really effective early on, but we were playing teams that were worst in the league. we were really boys playing against men schematically for most of the season. early success against bad teams made us (very much me) a bit too optimistic about what they were doing. i know that it's not likely to happen unless rhule goes to Michigan, but we're going to be stuck playing JV defense relying completely on the talent of the personnel rather than scheme for any kind of success.

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

Situationally they were. If they weren't up against power run offenses like the whole NFCE and they didn't have to stay on the field for 45 minutes a game they were decent.

A potent offense would make this defense near unstoppable.

Teams having to pass and constantly playing from behind or trying to keep up would be a nightmare for QBs.

IMO that is the key to unleashing this beast.

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

A potent offense would make this defense near unstoppable.

Teams having to pass and constantly playing from behind or trying to keep up would be a nightmare for QBs.

IMO that is the key to unleashing this beast.

could be. big lesson (one of MANY) for rhule to learn.....defense won't win games. points win games.

the sucky thing is, that's a lesson that neither fox or rivera learned. defense helps you win games, but it only helps in that you can score more than your defense can allow. the more you score, the easier it is for the defense to do their part. #quickmaths

The teams early success could have continued to an extent if this coaching staff had any idea what adjustments are.

Once there was enough game film on this Panthers team everything fell apart. The offense scored what, like 2 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter all season? Opposing defenses knew our routes and plays better than the offense did. 75% of this teams issues stem from coaching or the lack there of. Defensively, Snow needs to ditch the college hybrid bullshit and come up with a real NFL defensive scheme. (A true 3-4 would fit this current roster best imo)

Also idk why people are so hung up on losing Dan Arnold. The guy is below average at best and can’t block. He had under 500 yards and zero TDs this season. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a reliable pass catching tight end, but Arnold wasn’t it.