• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN sim: Cam re-signs for 1 yr, Pickett #6

MechaZain

2 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

It didn’t take Burrow 4 years as a starter to do anything relevant in College. To me it reeks of a big fish in a small pond….

True, but Joe didn't even play till his third year, had a very very average season his 4th, and of course had that ridiculous season his 5th. They aren't as different as you'd think.

Edited by Jaxel

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If we bring back Cam (big if because he already says he wants to play for a contender), we should be able to take a Willis, Howell or Strong(not at 6 obviously) and let them sit a few games and learn. Honestly I’m not sure Cam is the best QB to learn behind though, he isn’t always fundamentally sound. The best scenario was keeping Teddy last year and drafting Fields to sit behind him. You know what they say about hindsight… 

Most QB mentors don’t teach any fundamentals, it’s more of the mental aspects and seeing how someone carry’s themselves in the locker room, leadership, work ethic. Our qb coach will work on the fundamentals, and brutal honesty I think Cam is one of the best QBS to mentor he has matured so much over the years and has become a 1 of 1 leader and motivator.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, shaq said:

Most QB mentors don’t teach any fundamentals, it’s more of the mental aspects and seeing how someone carry’s themselves in the locker room, leadership, work ethic. Our qb coach will work on the fundamentals, and brutal honesty I think Cam is one of the best QBS to mentor he has matured so much over the years and has become a 1 of 1 leader and motivator.

Fair enough. He definitely has the mental toughness, and work ethic that a rookie could learn from.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Wrong. Funny how Mac Jones goes to a good org who literally had to hide his offensive deficiencies in order to win. One game they won he threw like 2 passes. The entire game! Fields goes to a dumpster fire lame duck situation with a HC who doesn’t know how to use him and he still flashes against GB and the Steelers and yet dumb people like you say “Mac was the right choice, fields meh” you people are either very stupid or you know what you’re doing on purpose.

Wanna bet on which has more wins next season? Because in the end, that's all that matters. 

These discussions that pit one QB against another based on how much someone has fallen in love with one prospect get boring pretty quick. I'm no Mac Jones fan but just like Fields no one knows what he will look like in a few more seasons. Josh Allen had 20 touchdowns and 9 interceptions to pair with 58% completion in his first full season. It would have been good to have a promising QB on a rookie contract heading into the offseason but once again we had to go defense. Just like last year there are pros and cons to all the quarterbacks in this class. Determining boom or bust status this early is a waste of time. For me I find myself in the same spot as last year. LT or QB. I wish we had gotten half of that over with then and there but here we are having the same arguments all over again 🙄

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Fair enough. He definitely has the mental toughness, and work ethic that a rookie could learn from.

Agreed man! It’s actually really cool cam has been mentoring young qbs for years look at Justin Feilds and even Malik Willis.

Edited by shaq

3 hours ago, Jaxel said:

True, but Joe didn't even play till his third year, had a very very average season his 4th, and of course had that ridiculous season his 5th. They aren't as different as you'd think.

First three years of college burrow pretty much didn’t play at OSU. He moves to LSU and starts playing then balls out his second year there. Cam basically the same. Didn’t play at all at Florida balls out at Blinn then balls out his first year at Auburn.

Pickett was at the same program for 5 years started 4/5 of those years and it took him till the final year to do something in a conference you can’t compare to the SEC burrow was in. There experiences are pretty far apart.

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

First three years of college burrow pretty much didn’t play at OSU. He moves to LSU and starts playing then balls out his second year there. Cam basically the same. Didn’t play at all at Florida balls out at Blinn then balls out his first year at Auburn.

Pickett was at the same program for 5 years started 4/5 of those years and it took him till the final year to do something in a conference you can’t compare to the SEC burrow was in. There experiences are pretty far apart.

So is the talent. Obviously Cam was generational, but Burrow threw to 2 of the current NFLs best wide receivers and the 1st round pick of the chiefs. Who on Pickett's team is starting in the NFL right now?