• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN sim: Cam re-signs for 1 yr, Pickett #6

MechaZain

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I don’t want Pickett and Mac Jones sucks and won’t move the needle. Weak ass arm. Can’t stretch the field. 

if we want to try and hit a home run with a qb pick at 6 then we should pick Willis. He is the only qb in this draft with elite traits.

And watch Darnold 2.0? Willis needs a lot of development and we have a staff that doesn't understand that concept at all.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

And watch Darnold 2.0? Willis needs a lot of development and we have a staff that doesn't understand that concept at all.

Yes he does. But I would refuse to not take a talented qb because the staff sucks. For all we know they could be gone next year. I made a similar point in another thread that it could be a bears situation. Drafted fields with a lame duck coaching staff, fired them got a new GM and HC and they’re on record saying they’re gonna build around fields.

And to be clear I’ll be shocked if they take Willis, even tho we should, because rhule has shown what types of qbs they like like and that’s ones you have to win championships in spite of.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

ESPN's beat writers simulated the offseason amongst each other and hometown hero David Newton played Carolina's GM. After unsuccessful offers for Wilson and Garoppolo we re-sign Cam as veteran competion for 1yr/$5m and draft Pickett with the #6. 

The fanbase will erupt if we reach for Rhule's guy so I can certainly see them trying to bring Cam back for morale again if that happens. 

Just read this forum and you will soon realize the Panthers fanbase as a whole will not be pleased no matter who is picked. Thankfully, the choice will not be left up to them to decide.

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yes he does. But I would refuse to not take a talented qb because the staff sucks. For all we know they could be gone next year. I made a similar point in another thread that it could be a bears situation. Drafted fields with a lame duck coaching staff, fired them got a new GM and HC and they’re on record saying they’re gonna build around fields.

And to be clear I’ll be shocked if they take Willis, even tho we should, because rhule has shown what types of qbs they like like and that’s ones you have to win championships in spite of.

Agreed. Willis is the most talented guy, so it wouldn't make sense for Rhule to like him.

I am curious to see how bad our team gets in another offseason.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Agreed. Willis is the most talented guy, so it wouldn't make sense for Rhule to like him.

I am curious to see how bad our team gets in another offseason.

Real bad if rhule maintains control. Like I could see some very, very dumb poo that hampers us for the next couple of seasons for not good players. It’ll be hard to get a good staff to come in next if he does that. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And yet, Mac was the right choice.  Fields, meh.

Wrong. Funny how Mac Jones goes to a good org who literally had to hide his offensive deficiencies in order to win. One game they won he threw like 2 passes. The entire game! Fields goes to a dumpster fire lame duck situation with a HC who doesn’t know how to use him and he still flashes against GB and the Steelers and yet dumb people like you say “Mac was the right choice, fields meh” you people are either very stupid or you know what you’re doing on purpose.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

If we bring back Cam (big if because he already says he wants to play for a contender), we should be able to take a Willis, Howell or Strong(not at 6 obviously) and let them sit a few games and learn. Honestly I’m not sure Cam is the best QB to learn behind though, he isn’t always fundamentally sound. The best scenario was keeping Teddy last year and drafting Fields to sit behind him. You know what they say about hindsight… 

Sure would be nice to have Fields ready to take over, $20m in extra cap space and the 2nd round pick back 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Willis is wired differently than Darnold. He is more of a alpha/leader while Darnold is more quiet/reserved. Players play harder for the stronger leaders like the energy Cam provided his first game back (granted it was short lived), but it’s also why the Bengals started playing better as a team once Burrow got in the locker room. I’m not saying Willis is on either of those player’s level, but he got Liberty energized playing well enough to beat a much stronger program in VA Tech. He does need work as a passer, but I don’t see him becoming a Darnold 2.0. Maybe Hurts 2.0 if he can’t progress as a passer?