• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore - what’s a good contract?

ECHornet

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Which of the WRs on that list making 17m or more a year is DJ better than?

IF we pay more than 18 a year it is an overpay. And that is with hopes he will get a little better. 

Have to factor in the expanding cap though. DJ at 16-18 mil in 2025 could be one of the better bargains in the league at WR. Tough to say but I’m sure Gollodays contract and whatever D Adams is about to get paid will shift the market. We need to extend DJ ASAP if our plan is to keep him as part of the core. 

27 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Wow some of you guys don't recognize talent at all

Yes, the talent! Can we have 2 receivers just like him that we hold on to for 10 years? 60TDs and 20k yards. Sounds like a winning receiver duo. Talent at it's finest!

Think about the fact that QBs can pass for 50TDs and 5k yards in a single 17 week season - easily in 2 seasons.

1k yard receivers who can't produce 7+ TDs is a problem. I remember when Steve Smith was considered done in 2012 as a #1 when he began producing numbers like DJ Moore, and here you are calling it talent and wanting another 4 years of it. I'm sure DJ will break out in the NFL by year 8.

Do you seriously think DJ is a 10+ year receiver? There are a handful of young WRs coming into the league every year that are producing more than Moore.

Edited by CPantherKing

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Yes, the talent! Can we have 2 receivers just like him that we hold on to for 10 years? 60TDs and 20k yards. Sounds like a winning receiver duo. Talent at it's finest!

Think about the fact that QBs can pass for 50TDs and 5k yards in a single 17 week season - easily in 2 seasons.

1k yard receivers who can't produce 7+ TDs is a problem. I remember when Steve Smith was considered done in 2012 as a #1 when he began producing numbers like DJ Moore, and here you are calling it talent and wanting another 4 years of it. I'm sure DJ will break out in the NFL by year 8.

Do you seriously think DJ is a 10+ year receiver? There are a handful of young WRs coming into the league every year that are producing more the Moore.

I'm not reading all that, good night

15 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Lol comedy in here

You do realize there is only so much money to go towards the entire team, right?  Tepper can’t just pay everyone with his billions, there is actually a salary cap for all teams.  Do we need QB, OL, S, DL, LB...or just put everything into RB and WR. 

Dj should and will get payed. He is worth Top 15 WR money, not top 5 I’m guessing he will be between the range of the 7th-15th highest paid WR in the game. He’s a baller, still young only 24(3 years younger then Ridley) which is a big reason I think we chose him over Ridley. Crazily enough he doesn’t have a single year under 1000 yards receiving. Stud player Panthers need to retain him.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

You do realize there is only so much money to go towards the entire team, right?  Tepper can’t just pay everyone with his billions, there is actually a salary cap for all teams.  Do we need QB, OL, S, DL, LB...or just put everything into RB and WR. 

This is a strawman if I ever read one