• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore - what’s a good contract?

ECHornet

I’m curious to know your thoughts on what amount we should fork over to keep DJ a Panther. What’s a good avg $/year for him to you?

Ive included the top ~24 highest avg &/year WRs. I really think we screwed up our position for negotiating with DJ based on R. Anderson’s contract. 

ADA47BE5-7BE7-4719-9462-C9AE5B2F3281.jpeg

No problem paying him as long as we cut Anderson after this season (only 3.8 million dead cap after that) and let our rookie WR’s actually play and step up. We can sign a cheap vet to play with them and call it a wrap. DJ deserves to get paid, and we can afford it once Anderson is gone and DJ’s new contract kicks in at that point 

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Prob 16-18 mil per year.  Structure an extension to basically eliminate the 11 million cap hit in 2022

This is the range I was thinking. With the cap expected to increase, I wouldn’t hate going that high for him, but I think he deserves more around the 15 mil per range. Basically, he should be the one with RA’s contract. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

This is the range I was thinking. With the cap expected to increase, I wouldn’t hate going that high for him, but I think he deserves more around the 15 mil per range. Basically, he should be the one with RA’s contract. 

Robby’s contract was short term though with an easy out after the first year.  It was actually a really good contract.  Now Robby certainly underperformed last season - but it was hard to see that coming based on his performance last year.  Hopefully he gets it together.  If not, it will be cheap to cut him

Edited by Smithers
  • Pie 1

Per attempt to Robbie and DJ they had one if the highest drop rates in the league. It’s impossible to evaluate if that’s because the QB sucked or bc they have shaky hands. Maybe both.

My gut feeling is that DJ is probably worth top 10 money. The question is do you give him that deal if you don’t have a QB to throw it to him? Not having a top 10-15 QB just completely screws the ability to evaluate anyone appropriately. 

28 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Per attempt to Robbie and DJ they had one if the highest drop rates in the league. It’s impossible to evaluate if that’s because the QB sucked or bc they have shaky hands. Maybe both.

My gut feeling is that DJ is probably worth top 10 money. The question is do you give him that deal if you don’t have a QB to throw it to him? Not having a top 10-15 QB just completely screws the ability to evaluate anyone appropriately. 

This is totally what I was thinking. I don’t really know what DJ truly is, idk if he is a #1 imo. Don’t know because he’s always had below average qbs. I would have never extended Robby and would have look for a better wr to pair with him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

This is totally what I was thinking. I don’t really know what DJ truly is, idk if he is a #1 imo. 

He puts up the aggregate reception and yards numbers, but it feels like he's invisible on critical downs in games.  I don't know if it's a bad coaching, bad QB or a combination of both.  He has a very low TD total over his career so far.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He puts up the aggregate reception and yards numbers, but it feels like he's invisible on critical downs in games.  I don't know if it's a bad coaching, bad QB or a combination of both.  He has a very low TD total over his career so far.

Yeah I just don’t think he will ever be a top 5 wr. Hell idk if he will ever be top 10. I wouldn’t pay him a big contract imo, if he wants to leave so be it.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I just don’t think he will ever be a top 5 wr. Hell idk if he will ever be top 10. I wouldn’t pay him a big contract imo, if he wants to leave so be it.

yea...ok...then we'll have to fill another big hole.. just what we don't need...pay the man.