• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro bowl highlights

rayzor

Hasn't been worth watching for years, bit for the players it hasn't been worth playing. You've got half the players going half speed(which they should because the game doesn't count) and half who are going 100%. That's just not a good mix. 

Skills challenge would be better, but honestly just let it be an honor and let it go.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

They do skills competitions.  Where they half ass it their too.  Tyreek Hill finished last in the 40 and jogged.   

they should kill all of it at this point 

The skills competitions are a lot more fun than the game, they’re not all like the 40.  They had Justin Jefferson doing the QB accuracy challenge thing and that was fun.  He sucked, but it was fun to watch at least.  The dodgeball game was fun.  The guys actually were competitive in that one.  They definitely should get rid of the game itself, but the challenges make it worthwhile.  They can nix the 40 yard dash tho 

19 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

The skills competitions are a lot more fun than the game, they’re not all like the 40.  They had Justin Jefferson doing the QB accuracy challenge thing and that was fun.  He sucked, but it was fun to watch at least.  The dodgeball game was fun.  The guys actually were competitive in that one.  They definitely should get rid of the game itself, but the challenges make it worthwhile.  They can nix the 40 yard dash tho 

If I were an athlete, I'd certainly skip it, or very performatively half-ass it. If I'm making millions of dollars off my athletic ability, the last thing I'd want to do is provide quantitative data that my measurables are slipping. "Yeah, my agent's going to love the fact that the world saw me run a 4.8 40 at the Pro Bowl when he's trying to negotiate up a new multi-million dollar deal for me."

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

If I were an athlete, I'd certainly skip it, or very performatively half-ass it. If I'm making millions of dollars off my athletic ability, the last thing I'd want to do is provide quantitative data that my measurables are slipping. "Yeah, my agent's going to love the fact that the world saw me run a 4.8 40 at the Pro Bowl when he's trying to negotiate up a new multi-million dollar deal for me."

the guy booking it was rookie Parsons.  Decent point.  Haven't thought about that. 

Saw Gilmore's kid interviewing some folks on twitter.  Think it was Cook.  He told the kid what he ran at the combine when asked how fast he was.   And then noted not that no more. 

26 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Some guys enjoy the Pro Bowl experience.  Russell Wilson loves going.  The game itself is a joke but the experience and skill comps are fun for most people.  I don’t think they should get rid of it, but it doesn’t need as much prestige as it gets.  When guys like Mac Jones are playing then it really doesn’t mean much.  It’s just silly football poo to watch before the season is over, then we have to wait 5 months for anything meaningful