• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Alexander on Rhule/Fitterer/Morgan, re: roles in roster building

ellis

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Relax guys.  In 365 days we will have a whole new coaching staff and #1 overall pick.  

No we won’t. Rhule will totally trade away our 1st and 2nd round picks for next year’s draft. Our only hope is him going to Auburn. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, davos said:

If this is the level of confidence and control Tepper threw at him, it makes me wonder if he’s even more safe than led on and Dave is sold on this longer term plan.

We could go 7-10 next year and he could stay pat. Holy moly

I'd like to hope Tepper isn't that dumb.

I can't say I'm confident of that fact 😕

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd like to hope Tepper isn't that dumb.

I can't say I'm confident of that fact 😕

He’s got blinders and built up confidence in his first coaching hire. Even the smartest among us can be fooled. He’s not infallible but I’d like to hope he’s shortening his leash.

I don’t see this situation being sustainable on its current trajectory for an entire season. We lost what like 7 in a row? We just completely wrecked. Depends on how much crap he’s willing to sift in. What he likely perceived as patience has become stubbornness to act in the fan’s view.

3 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I’d like to think Tepper only keeps Rhule to tank.  Rhule gave away bunch of 2022 draft picks, signed duds to big 2 year deals.  We are screwed for 2022 no matter Rhule or not.  

Yep. Just looking at the OL, WR and DL talent likely to be sitting in R2-3 this year makes me a sad panda.

Gave up pick 37, $18.9 mil, a 4th and 6th for Darnold. Good god. 

We could’ve just sucked with Kyle Allen this whole time. Hell, may have been better lol. 

We better get a promising young coach and QB next year after having to sit through this crap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Of course he has final say.  Its his team.  How is this news?

The GM's job is to get the players the coach thinks he needs to win.  The GMs job is also to help guide him to the right players.  If Rhule wants somebody that everyone knows will suck, the GM needs to talk him out of it.  I think Fitterer has done that reasonably well (other than Darnold - which turned out to be a bit of a head scratcher).

Its not like they were reaching on guys in the draft.  Horn will be fine.  Most people were mocking Marshall and Nixon in the first and second rounds.  Tremble, Christensen, and Brown were all being mocked in the 3rd or 4th round. We filled needs everywhere.  While every pick will not be an all-pro, I believe we got some solid talent and contributors throughout the draft.

Once the coach has his guys and he fails to win, he will get fired.  I think Rhule needs to win at least 9 games next year to keep his job.  (believe it or not, Darnold went 7-6 with the jets in 2019, so it may be possible) 

We just need to draft well again this year, ride with Darnold one more time, and grab our franchise QB next year.

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Yep. Just looking at the OL, WR and DL talent likely to be sitting in R2-3 this year makes me a sad panda.

Gave up pick 37, $18.9 mil, a 4th and 6th for Darnold. Good god. 

We could’ve just sucked with Kyle Allen this whole time. Hell, may have been better lol. 

We better get a promising young coach and QB next year after having to sit through this crap.

I had the weirdest dream last night.  I never dream about the Panthers but this was super real.  We fired Rhule and signed Troy Aikman… no clue.