• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora asks evaluators about Pickett...

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Yep. Watch the screen routes they called. He would literally stare down the back, pat the ball to steady himself, then shove it toward the back like he’s playing a backyard pickup game. Y’all think he’s gonna be able to misdirect all pro linebackers when it takes him an extra 1-1.5 seconds to get a throw off? No way. He’s going to be a turnover machine and the playbook is gonna be crazy limited. 

You know who his comp is? Jake Frohm. This would be like us drafting Jake Frohm in the top 10. 

Another comment here the Senior Bowl is very scripted to showcase the players.  Always has been.  If Kenny Pickett does not go through the entire, I mean entire combine activities that would another huge flag for me.  I can see him skipping out.  

The combine isn’t a huge deal overall but it does show competitive nature.  None of the top players should be worried about what the combine brings to light.

Edited by Shocker

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Naw you are a pick OL guy right?  Small test to see of you can respond without a Matt Rhule comment.  lol

This team lives or dies in their decision to keep Rhule. Nothing they do matters if he is coach because the outcome is going to be the same. I'd like the team to go OL, but I don't trust Rhule to make good choices or run the team wisely. It doesn't matter who position coaches or coordinators are because this is Rhule's team. They're going to roll with Pickett or something dumb like a CB or if they pick an OT, he'll be the next Greg Little. Why? Because this is Rhule's team and he doesn't know what the fug he's doing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, rayzor said:

This team lives or dies in their decision to keep Rhule. Nothing they do matters if he is coach because the outcome is going to be the same. I'd like the team to go OL, but I don't trust Rhule to make good choices or run the team wisely. It doesn't matter who position coaches or coordinators are because this is Rhule's team. They're going to roll with Pickett or something dumb like a CB or if they pick an OT, he'll be the next Greg Little. Why? Because this is Rhule's team and he doesn't know what the fug he's doing. 

Love ya Razor…lol

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

Agree, but Jake Frohm played better comp in college and was more accomplished.  LOL

I said he was Blaine Gabbert but I probably shouldn’t disrespect Blaine that way

Gabbert is actually a really good comp. Wide open offense. “Prototype pocket passer” coming out with a ton of questions about if he had peaked. Good but not great athletically. Did he make good decisions or did the offense make good decisions for him? Same thing here. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

Another comment here the Senior Bowl is very scripted to showcase the players.  Always has been.  If Kenny Pickett does not go through the entire, I mean entire combine activities that would another huge flag for me.  I can see him skipping out.  

The combine isn’t a huge deal overall but it does show competitive nature.  None of the top players should be worried about what the combine brings to light.

Not to mention he sat out a huge bowl game opportunity. I mean if he goes out there and shreds Michigan State then I would have had a lot more respect for him. Maybe still not top 10 respect. But if he goes 30/45, 300+ and 2-3 TDs on MSU then Im at least not laughing at a team taking him top 10. 

Everyone comparing him to Burrow needs to remember that JB went for 450 yards and 3 TDs and put up 46 on Bama. He didn’t opt out of any games….

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Saying he’s the best of this class isn’t saying much. There isn’t one qb this year who anyone can flat out say he’s going to succeed. We would be better off getting a FA and fortifying our line. Then hope we suck bad enough to pick top 3 next year.

We would be but not Rhule.