• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albright: Panthers circling on Pickett

electro's horse

Signs are pointing to Pickett.  Temple and/or Baylor connection?  Check.  Poor measurables that will be ignored by the same staff that hates short arms?  Check.  One year wonder?  Check.  Plus, the Pitt/Tepper connection to add on top of everything, not to mention all the rumors about our interest in the guy. 

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and unfortunately it smells like a burning pickett fence.  If he’s the pick all we can do is support the guy but damn, it’d be pretty demoralizing.  OL or bust

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And Burrow got it done in 2 seasons with better yards per attempt. Pickett had 4 starting years and was pretty good in his 5th senior year after finding out he was gonna go in the 5th round if he declared for last years draft. I don't really understand why people make the Burrow comparison

Basically the one year turnaround thing. Burrow wasn't poo until he had that.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, SnowPanther said:

Someone in New York is trying to drum up interest so they can flip five or we’re  drumming up interest so someone starts falling in love with him to trade with us.

If we stay at 6 I don’t see how we take a quarterback, especially if it’s BPA, which it should be given the state of our team. Pickett is the best QB in this draft but he’s probably the 25th best prospect.

Ehhh, I just think Rhule is incredibly bad at keeping secrets. When this comes from multiple angles (Myself, Albright, Florio) it becomes kind of hard to ignore. Smokescreens usually fall under less reputable people (referring to Flores and Albright, not me). There is also a history of it being obvious when they are going to take someone, Derrick Brown being the obvious. 

I do not we would trade down and take Pickett, they would just take him at 6.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Is Willis who she wants us to pick or who she thinks we will pick? (as of right now, still a long way to go)

It’s fluid, it could change at any moment. I’m just saying she said on Twitter, her sources are saying we like Pickett, same thing Albright is hearing. 

I have never said we are taking Willis. Willis is who I would like them to take. He is my QB1.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

She is on this board saying willis.  She was saying Jones this time last year so I wouldnt take too much stock in her "sources"

Last year was especially weird since a lot of draft gurus were stating how much we coveted Jaycee Horn.

Verge was completely off.

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

At this point, if he’s the pick, then i’ll be excited to see his development and hope for the best. I’m not gonna go around knocking this possibility. 

I remember a couple years ago there were rumors of us being interested in Justin Herbert and so many in here were trashing him and the possibility of us taking him. 

We all wish we had him right about now lol. 

True, but I honestly trusted Hurney at scouting compared to this front office.

Other than Will Grier he wasn't bad at finding quarterbacks.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

@Verge who's taking Howell? I know the Steelers have been all over him, anyone else? 

I just need to start mentally preparing myself for the transition.

Gosh I have heard such varied things on Howell. I have heard 3rd round and I have heard middle of the 1st. I think your Steelers connection is correct. I think Howell will ultimately go in round 1, maybe much higher than where he is being mocked now.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Last year was especially weird since a lot of draft gurus were stating how much we coveted Jaycee Horn.

Verge was completely off.

Ehhh I did think we liked Mac Jones but idk about "completely off". This was my final say on the board and on twitter. Last time I will post this, promise lol.

• Pie 2