• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Great Pickett Poll

davos

Do You Want Pickett as our franchise QB? Added Q: Regardless— would Corral and/or Willis be y/n?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Let’s get it on record. Pickett—yay or nay?

I feel like the Panthers should take a shot at quarterback every year until they find one. I just wish Matt Rhule wasn't the one taking the shot.

I've watched a ton of Pickett's games at this point, and I can see he has some good qualities. I don't know if it's enough though. I might be selling myself on this kid just because it feels inevitable, which is crazy to say when we're this far out from the draft.

I don't know. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

A week ago I would 100% said Nay, but I ended up putting Yay. If for any reason just because I believe the Panthers should take a shot. If he plays poorly, or even mediocre, take another shot next year. Willis, Corral are also options — much more athletically gifted options.

I've already stated I think Rhule is going to take a quarterback, as I think it's the only way he can save his job. If he hits on a quarterback it'll be very difficult to fire him.

Whatever the Panthers do they need to make sure not to oversell themselves on the pick. That's how you end up with the next Blake Bortles.

• Pie 2

I also wouldn't be mad if the Panthers didn't draft a quarterback, fired Matt Rhule week 4, acquired draft capital, and made Steve Wilks the interim head coach. There's some great quarterbacks next year coming out. I just have a bad feeling though that we'll make some crazy December run to put us out of contention.

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I also wouldn't be mad if the Panthers didn't draft a quarterback, fired Matt Rhule week 4, acquired draft capital, and made Steve Wilks the interim head coach. There's some great quarterbacks next year coming out. I just have a bad feeling though that we'll make some crazy December run to put us out of contention.

Rhule's teams don't do that. They start off hot getting everyone excited for the first few games then flatlines the rest of the season while Rhule is standing there scratching his ass and trying to convince himself everything is still going how it should and the plan is still working.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Rhule's teams don't do that. They start off hot getting everyone excited for the first few games then flatlines the rest of the season while Rhule is standing there scratching his ass and trying to convince himself everything is still going how it should and the plan is still working.

This is assuming that Matt Rhule is fired and Steve Wilks steps up.

Also, to clarify I have Sam Howell and maybe Willis above Pickett as they're more of what I look for in a franchise quarterback. However, I guess I could see a scenario where Pickett comes in and can perform in the NFL, but it's not something I would really bet on.

1 hour ago, Krovvy said:

A week ago I would 100% said Nay, but I ended up putting Yay. If for any reason just because I believe the Panthers should take a shot. If he plays poorly, or even mediocre, take another shot next year. Willis, Corral are also options — much more athletically gifted options.

I've already stated I think Rhule is going to take a quarterback, as I think it's the only way he can save his job. If he hits on a quarterback it'll be very difficult to fire him.

Whatever the Panthers do they need to make sure not to oversell themselves on the pick. That's how you end up with the next Blake Bortles.

This type of thinking is how you end up like the Jets.  “Ah yeah let’s just toss a pick out for Sam Darnold”.  Then a couple years later, you have the same absolute poo team, but you’re somehow able to swindle a historically bad head coach into a trade for him.  Tossing fuging darts blindly at draft picks is how you ruin franchises.  

• Pie 2