• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: Matt Rhule, Panthers Viewed 'as a Lame Duck Situation' by NFL Coaches

BlitzMonster

19 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I'll bet we will get one or two good OL free agents because they want to work with Coach Campen.  He is well respected around the league.  

Remember that whole "lame duck" situation? He might not be here in a year.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Also a lot of FAs just want the money. If the money is right, they sign. 

Yeah and those guys aren't necessarily always the best players. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

8-9 wins this year and everyone will be back on board with Rhule’s plan. We’ll see if we get strong enough qb play to get there. Doubtful but depends on who we draft/pick up. 

I won't be satisfied with that. It's a deep playoff run or he's gone. There's no excusing anything less than a playoff run.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I’m embarrassed to wear any of my Panther gear. Everyone I see, says I wouldn’t be caught wearing that crap. I do anyway but damn can’t we go back before 2015 and start over!

I never understand people that would say that and actually mean it especially if you’re from and in the Charlotte area. Chances are it’s a Redskins/Commanders or Cowboys fan that hate a team came to our area and that some of their fans left their teams and love to reminisce about the good old days 30 years ago when they won their titles, and when it was more socially acceptable to comment on how attracted they are to 15 year old girls.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah u remember Tepper said the nfl is setup for most team to be 500, I guess that’s all he’s worried about. Hell we haven’t sniffed that since he took over the team.

It's looking more and more likely that Tepper was actually referring to the number of years it would take him to field a decent team in Charlotte.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah u remember Tepper said the nfl is setup for most team to be 500, I guess that’s all he’s worried about. Hell we haven’t sniffed that since he took over the team.

If the expectation or goal is to get and stay at .500, that's no culture I want to be a part of. 

• Flames 2