• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone wants Rhule gone but, what if

DaveThePanther2008

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Who knows maybe 2021 was an eye opener and he actually can be a good coach. 

I don't give poo but just so you know, I don't agree.  I hope we turn it all around as you mention, but I just don't see it happening with rule still here.  If Tepper takes a great deal of his powers away, maybe.  That's a long maybe.

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah either Sam makes a big leap with better OL (which I don’t see happening) or BC shines at LT, we hit on a FA OL, and acquire a QB through trade or draft that shows promise… (which I also don’t see happening). Not impossible, but it doesn’t look good at all…

I think Sam can do good, IF, we had protection for him.

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

Too little too late. Do it how you do anyways, this team with marginally better coaching (Wilks is the only positive I see) still has an idiot in charge and an owner that has no idea about the operational stuff at all. If this was Rhule's day 1 staff it would be a bad staff in the NFL. 

It's not about optimism or pessimism on this subject for me, two years of painful failures and zero reasons to give this crew anything resembling optimism moving forward. My hope is reserved for not doing this crap again next year and Tepper stepping up and doing something right on the operations side for once. 

I would love to look on the bright side but I agree with you.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The fact that he had to be told he needed to hire a rock star OC or his job was gone tells you a lot. I'm don't know how McAdoo qualifies as a rockstar but whatever. He had to be told to improve with someone other than his college buddies or else. These are things he shouldn't need to be told. 

No rock star OC was hired. Just an NFL proven one, and not one any of the fans wanted. So I'm not buying he had to do anything but at some proven NFL experience to the coaching staff, which is something us fans wanted from the beginning.  

At this point, it just see how it comes together.  Quality coaching has been added to the team. 

It's time for them to fix the online, so whomever is taking snaps, doesn't get killed.  

Rhule is hiring competent folks. If he let's them do their job we could be much improved.  Rhule as a rah-rah guy is fine and his game management while not good has improved over year 1. Truth is when you hire a guy with little NFL experience this is what happens. The bigger question is whether he will let folks do their job or whether this total control fixation he has will ultimately doom him.  If the offense is better honestly we should be much improved.

• Pie 2

18 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

I personally don't know why you guys think he hired a good staff.... I like the Oline coach and Wilks is okay. Everyone else is complete trash. 

McAdoo was a doodoo head coach but is a solid OC.  Tabor is a good ST hire.  He knows what kind of guys to use in the return game.  Erickson didn’t fumble this year (to my knowledge) which is a huge step up in for our PR’s, but Tabor should help find better returners.  We’ve actually hired guys with success at their respective positions.  

Are they world beaters?  Nah, but the hires have been surprisingly good considering Rhule’s probably gone in 2023 barring a total turnaround

• Pie 2

On 2/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, grimesgoat said:

Optimists are an endangered species around here lately.  I'm an optimist too. 

This could be the understatement of the year!

On 2/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, grimesgoat said:

I like the coaching upgrades. 

If we can trade back and grab Linderbaum, Dean or Lloyd - than use the extra draft capital to pick up a solid Guard, we would be in decent shape.

Then if CMC is back and healthy - we might even be in the playoff mix.

3rd Leg Greg shares your optimism and sentiments:

“I don’t think they are as far as everyone thinks they are.

We see teams every year going from fourth in their division, to winning their division.

We see teams go from being a top 10 draft pick the year before, to all of a sudden being in playoff contention, and making a run through the playoffs”

--- Greg Olsen, WFNZ ---

The interview can be heard here:  https://wfnz.com/130630/greg-olsen-panthers-arent-far-away-from-being-a-playoff-team/

• Pie 1