• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper in the War room on draft day.

DaveThePanther2008

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

People just need to accept that Rhule has the authority to run the team. It's in his contract! Tepper is not going to stop him, war room or not, unless he fires him, and he hasn't fired him, and realistically that ship has sailed for the 2022 season. We're going to have to deal with whatever Rhule decides. If it has future repercussions, we're just going to have to put our big-boy pants on and deal with it. 

Unfortunate, but likely the truth.

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If memory serves me correctly, it was rumored Tepper wanted to draft Fields. Probably would have worked out better in the long term even with Darnold on the roster. 

Yep.  Salary cap would be better due to rookie contract and still have those draft choices 

there are days when I feel like the stupidity, or is it arrogance, shown by Rhule is simply mind boggling at the pro level

We would be in so much better shape if we drafted Fields. Just focus on OL in FA/draft and looking at extending Gilmore or Jackson. Start building around your young QB on his rookie contract. Fans would be excited about the potential of our new QB. I still can’t believe we went “all in” on Darnold without a plan B…

• Pie 1

On 2/19/2022 at 3:44 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's been stated many times that Tepper won't give his vote of confidence to Rhule.  Many on here believe that Rhule may sell the farm to bolster his chances of staying beyond 2023.   Rhule has ultimate control which scares the crap out of many of us.  

Do you think Tepper will be in the war room on draft day like he was last year?

More importantly do you think he'll nix any trades that jeopardizes our future?  (ie 2023 and beyond 1st round picks)

In 2010 Hurney almost traded away our 2011 (Cam) pick but couldn't find any takers (praise god).   I sure as hell will be furious if he trades that pick away and we end up in the top 5 next year.   It would suck to see a team on the cusp of a championship end up getting a top 5 pick because Rhule sold out in 2022. 

My question is does Rhule even WANT to be in Charlotte after next season? He has to know that college is where he should be at.