• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have reached out to Minnesota for Kirk Cousins

ncfan

10 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Rhule is crapping his pants in fear that he's going to get fired, so he's going to trade our future away to get to .500. Fire him now Tepper.

Yeah, he's not the only one...

Kirk Cousins is likely changing his underwear about now at the prospects of ending up in Carolina playing for Matt Rhule. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't call Cousins a franchise quarterback.

But I also wouldn't run screaming into the night if we acquired him via reasonable trade compensation.

(hell no on a first rounder)

What do you guys want out of a “franchise” QB?

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TcwL7bIzjE2YPTiyc4sylZIzi8tzswrBgBmPQhY&q=kirk+cousins&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS797US797&oq=kirk+cou&aqs=chrome.1.0i355i433i512j46i433i512j69i57j69i60l3.2611j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#wptab=s:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MC-2yM4xfsRoyi3w8sc9YSmdSWtOXmNU4-IKzsgvd80rySypFJLgYoOy-KR4uJC08exi0khJTUsszSmJL0lMsspOttIvLsgvKinWLyjKj08sychJLUm1Ki5JLClexCqZnVmUrZCcX1qcmVeskJxYlJpapACWAwDHksVqjQAAAA

Because looking at his stats, if his name wasn’t Kirk Cousins people would kill for this kinda production out of their starting QB. He’s not some middling, barely getting it done guy. He puts up huge numbers every year. You’re telling me you wouldn’t kill to have a 66%, 4000+ yard, 33TD, 7 INT guy here every year? When have we EVER had that kind of consistent production from our QB?!

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Why is it so hard for teams to realize that certain QB’s will never win a Super Bowl. If they are not in that category why spend top of the market for performance like that. It’s like giving Teddy a 60 million dollar contract, it’s wasted because he will never sniff a Super Bowl. It’s a waste of cap and a waste of draft picks. I won’t get pissed unless it happens but if it does, we deserve the results.

That’s ridiculous dude. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We are not winning a Super Bowl with Rhule no matter who we get at QB.  My point is, if Rhule is hell bent about acquiring a QB, Cousins isn't the worst option.  Who you got we trade for at QB that's not a pipe dream?

Never rush for a QB in a panic. You play the long game. You go into 2022 with Sam and if he poops the bed, then we have a top pick in the 2023 draft. Then you grab your QB of the future. Cousins gets us 7 wins or so, and 7 wins the following season, and 7 after that, and we never have a high enough pick to replace him. QB limbo.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

What do you guys want out of a “franchise” QB?

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TcwL7bIzjE2YPTiyc4sylZIzi8tzswrBgBmPQhY&q=kirk+cousins&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS797US797&oq=kirk+cou&aqs=chrome.1.0i355i433i512j46i433i512j69i57j69i60l3.2611j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#wptab=s:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MC-2yM4xfsRoyi3w8sc9YSmdSWtOXmNU4-IKzsgvd80rySypFJLgYoOy-KR4uJC08exi0khJTUsszSmJL0lMsspOttIvLsgvKinWLyjKj08sychJLUm1Ki5JLClexCqZnVmUrZCcX1qcmVeskJxYlJpapACWAwDHksVqjQAAAA

Because looking at his stats, if his name wasn’t Kirk Cousins people would kill for this kinda production out of their starting QB. He’s not some middling, barely getting it done guy. He puts up huge numbers every year. You’re telling me you wouldn’t kill to have a 66%, 4000+ yard, 33TD, 7 INT guy here every year? When have we EVER had that kind of consistent production from our QB?!

This is a good point. I don’t want to trade for him or spend the cap but you make a great point about his production. He just strikes me as someone who will never make it to the super bowl and win similar to jimmy G 

• Pie 1

Cousins is a solid QB, but does us no good based on where we are in the rebuild. We are many pieces away from being a contender. We need a young QB that we can develop with this team. Trading away valuable assets for a solid-mid tier QB who is up in age and contract does us no good. We are honestly better off as a franchise drafting OL and letting Darnold play again. Cousins brings us to 7-8 wins in a desperate attempt for Rhule to keep his job. 

• Pie 1

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

This is a good point. I don’t want to trade for him or spend the cap but you make a great point about his production. He just strikes me as someone who will never make it to the super bowl and win similar to jimmy G 

He's not great, he's not bad. He takes you to 7-10ish, and you stay there FOREVER because he's topped out. He's as good as he's going to get.