• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cousins/JimmyG makes a lot of sense for Rhule (not the Panthers)

Zod

1 minute ago, frankw said:

As if he had nothing at all to do with last years QB/OL debacle 🙄

Yeah and coming from a team that never kept Wilson upright. I didn’t like the hire from the beginning. I didn’t like Tepper getting the team, the Rhule hire or the Fitterer hire. He was just hired to be Rhule’s janitor.

• Pie 1

This would set us back another 10 years. Cousins is good enough to get you 8-9 wins. That isn't good enough in the NFL. The draft picks we'll lose, the young quarterback's we'll miss out on and delay development of for a chance at mediocrity so some middle of the pack college coach can save his job is just absurd. Tepper should pull the plug on this failed experiment immediately. If not he better get used to a half empty stadium for the next decade.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah and coming from a team that never kept Wilson upright. I didn’t like the hire from the beginning. I didn’t like Tepper getting the team, the Rhule hire or the Fitterer hire. He was just hired to be Rhule’s janitor.

Those same folks were all on Fitterer's dick last year now they say he has no power and Matt Rhule did everything without him. Stockholm syndrome in effect.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Matt Rhule needs to win at least 9 games this season to keep his job. He can't do that with a rookie QB. A guy like Cousins or Jimmy G with an I proved offensive line could do it. 

It is a low ceiling though. With Rhule as coach this team isn't going to be contending. So could be another wasted year instead of truly building for the future with a solid staff and young QB. 

Very true.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Yea like I said in another thread trading for Cousins is a nightmare scenario. He’s good enough to be around .500 and take the Panthers out of contention to draft a top rookie QB next season. 

I’d honestly rather tank with Darnold or even roll the dice on Pickett because rookie QBs can end up being something unexpected. 

I can agree with that.

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I respect hockey and the skills involved I just can't get into it. I'm far too rooted in football and basketball. Hockey just looks like a sloppy turnover fest to my eye. I'm just far too rooted in sports with a much more obvious concept of possession.

Possessions change just as frequently in soccer as it does in hockey. 
I don’t understand why that is a negative. The constant change of possession is what makes hockey so much fun to watch. 
But to each his own. I actually am liking hockey more these days. 
I used to be a hardcore UNC basketball fan but I have fallen off these last 2 seasons and I really couldn’t be bothered to watch this season. 
Hornets are who they always will be a meh to bad team but fans of them will continue to be hopeful for more. I respect that. 

22 minutes ago, SnowPanther said:

This would set us back another 10 years. Cousins is good enough to get you 8-9 wins. That isn't good enough in the NFL. The draft picks we'll lose, the young quarterback's we'll miss out on and delay development of for a chance at mediocrity so some middle of the pack college coach can save his job is just absurd. Tepper should pull the plug on this failed experiment immediately. If not he better get used to a half empty stadium for the next decade.

Yeah, swapping out players and whatnot isn't going to make Rhule a better coach. He is what he is at this point, a college coach good at convincing 19 and 20 year olds to believe in his lame motivational speeches.  He has no clue what's going on during an actual NFL game and it's super obvious he's in over his head. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Possessions change just as frequently in soccer as it does in hockey. 

Agreed. I don't follow soccer either.

Soccer is an absurd sport IMO. Athletically we're pathetic compared to much of the animal kingdom with our upright stature to free our hands and our opposable thumbs allowing us to grasp things being some of our very few advantages. Hey, let's make a sport that virtually eliminates those advantages! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1