• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still interested in Watson!

pantherj

1 minute ago, Bama Panther said:

Boo!

Watson is a great talent, but I am not for spending the capital it would take to get him to Charlotte. 

Well we don't know what the price tag will be when trading resumes in the middle of March. Right now we are dead in the water. We need hope or the stadium will be empty. Need to make a big move if not Watson then another superstar QB.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The feeling may not be mutual.

(citing Mike Florio)

That was from last year, according to Verge, that was bc he wanted Miami. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t come here, he just preferred the fins. Now that miami has backed out, that may have changed. I’m not saying I want the trade to happen, until he is either out of the league or on  another team, we will always be linked to him. 

Just now, rayzor said:

We won't have any draft picks worth a poo for 5 years and most of our cap space will be gone, but sure, let's go get him behind our imaginary OL.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

We can restructure several players to free up a lot of cap space. Christensen at LT, and Moton at RT. Our center is not terrible. Deonte might be ready at RG next season, and guards in general are not that hard to acquire. 

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

That was from last year, according to Verge, that was bc he wanted Miami. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t come here, he just preferred the fins. Now that miami has backed out, that may have changed. I’m not saying I want the trade to happen, until he is either out of the league or on  another team, we will always be linked to him. 

This year there's interest from another Florida team (Tampa) and others who will be in way better position draft pick wise to get him.

If we trade more than what others will be set to offer, we severely mortgage our future and hinder any ability we might have had to build around him.

It's just not a winning proposition.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We won't have any draft picks worth a poo for 5 years and most of our cap space will be gone, but sure, let's go get him behind our imaginary OL.

I think the more likely scenario if they do go after a veteran is that we'll end up with someone who takes a lot less compensation to acquire than Watson, Rodgers or Wilson.

That likely means Cousins, Garoppolo or someone on that tier.