• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports: What the Panthers need to do

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, t96 said:

What does a "coach in waiting" even do for us? None of our assistants should be HCs either and McAdoo is the obvious option for interim if Rhule does fail mid-season.

I'm cool trading for Watson while his legal status is up in the air if the draft compensation return is tied to his availability, i.e. conditional picks only become 1st rounders if he plays otherwise they are 2nd/3rd/whatever. If not structuring it that way of course you don't risk giving up a ton of assets for him.

I'd kick the wheels on the ST coordinator than McAdoo if we throw a coordinator in there.   I don't want the Rhule era to turn into the McAdoo era. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So how long will it take for Tepper to be embarrassed enough to fire Rhule?

And who, among this staff, would be the best temp replacement?

Bye week.... whenever that is....seems as good a week as any. Probably will end up being after Thanksgiving though. 

As for the who..... I'd roll with Wilks. Failure in 'zona was hardly his fault and while I wanted Rhule fired in his second year...at least hecwas given a second year. I won't get into some of the reasons I think he was fired after one year. *cough* double standard*cough*

Anyways...barring some miraculous transformation that turns us into 10+ win team making a deep run in the playoffs...that's what I'm thinking.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Bye week.... whenever that is....seems as good a week as any. Probably will end up being after Thanksgiving though. 

As for the who..... I'd roll with Wilks. Failure in 'zona was hardly his fault and while I wanted Rhule fired in his second year...at least hecwas given a second year. I won't get into some of the reasons I think he was fired after one year. *cough* double standard*cough*

Anyways...barring some miraculous transformation that turns us into 10+ win team making a deep run in the playoffs...that's what I'm thinking.

I feel like Tepper will have to let him ride out this season...unfortunately.

He's made mistake after mistake after mistake....I bet he fears making one more....cutting a coach 2 years into a 7 year deal.

Good luck Panthers, you're gonna need it.

59 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Most experienced option is McAdoo. Second would be Wilks, then Tabor.

If the choice is left to Fitterer and Morgan, I imagine it'll be one of those three.

If it's Tepper, who knows what he might pull out of his ass?

36 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

At least Tepper won't be taking advice from Hurney. 

By the way...the link to the article is not working for me.

Posting links via mobile goes wrong sometimes.

What I quoted is actually the full text of what they say about the Panthers, but if you do want to read the rest, try this...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-critical-move-each-nfl-team-should-make-trading-russell-wilson-moving-on-from-zeke-elliott-on-to-do-list/

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I'd kick the wheels on the ST coordinator than McAdoo if we throw a coordinator in there.   I don't want the Rhule era to turn into the McAdoo era. 

This 💯. I listened to an interview from his one-game stint as interim with the Bears. He did a great job that one game and really sounded like a HC who knows his stuff. Somewhat surprised the Bears didn’t give him an opportunity to take the helm. I’d definitely give him a look before McAdoo.

Edited by Prowler2k18

5 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This 💯. I listened to an interview from his one-game stint as interim with the Bears. He did a great job that one game and really sounded like a HC who knows his stuff. Somewhat surprised the Bears didn’t give him an opportunity to take the helm. I’d definitely give him a look before McAdoo.

I think the Bears probably felt like they needed to hire a bigger name.

Honestly hate that idea though, because there's definitely a chance you miss out on a talented coach. Then when they get a head coaching job down the road and kill it, you look like a dunce.

Mind you, that's not to say I don't believe in Matt Eberflus. Most analysts think he'll be a great head coach.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

What has given you the idea that Tepper is smart, and knows what he's doing?

Also, it's spelled Kurb.

😂 I get your point. I’m just speculating but Tepper has been eerily silent through this mess. Maybe he’s trying to take more of a hands-off to give Rhule space to right the ship but who knows. And I meant “curve”.

1 minute ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I get your point. I’m just speculating but Tepper has been eerily silent through this mess. Maybe he’s trying to take more of a hands-off to give Rhule space to right the ship but who knows. And I meant “curve”.

Hey, when you get something wrong like that, just blame it on autocorrect.

Not that I've ever done that 😐

• Beer 1