• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gilmore

ncfan

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think the thought process was he would step in for Horn who was hurt back when we were stupid and thought we had a playoff team. I can live with that for a 6th rounder. It also prevent him from going to Tampa which was worth it….

Yes, keeping him from TB was awesome, but keeping a DPOY, All Pro, one of the best CBs in the league and a guy who wants to actually be here, would have been better. Players like him are few and far between. 

It's such a shame this owner of ours allowed Rhule to stay here, keeping this team absolutely dysfunctional.  I feel Gilmore wanted to end his career Carolina, but man, who in their right mind want to be here knowing just about everyone hates the coach?  I feel Rhule will cost us Gilmore, and we will be left to depend on Henderson for crying out loud.  

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I think the Gilmore trade may have been a compensatory upgrade trade 

It's possible. But I doubt Rhule had the forethought to think of that. Luckily, if Gilmore walks we may get the 3rd pick back they gave up for Henderson. 

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's possible. But I doubt Rhule had the forethought to think of that. Luckily, if Gilmore walks we may get the 3rd pick back they gave up for Henderson. 

Read page 2 of this thread. Best they can hope for is a 5th. Which means they spent 6M to improve a late round pick. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Personally I’d let Gilmore and Donte walk.

You drafted Horn 8th overall. Sent a 3rd for CJ. Keith Taylor was impressive enough. Hartsfield is solid. Bouye is your vet. 

The way they approached the CB position last year was so that they didn’t have to spend $$$ on it down the road 

This