• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I prognosticate Panthers draft day.

Zod

3 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

image.thumb.png.c1d40ac5b75aca2be383f8ad68220ea1.png

This is what needs to happen. We get a starting center (best in draft), a consensus 1st round OT, and a potential QB of the future. Two picks that will pay dividends for a decade if they produce at their slotted potential…not sure what more you could ask for in the first two rounds. 

You want to trade our 2023 #1 pick?   Are you crazy?

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

This is what needs to happen. We get a starting center (best in draft), a consensus 1st round OT, and a potential QB of the future. Two picks that will pay dividends for a decade if they produce at their slotted potential…not sure what more you could ask for in the first two rounds. 

This is exactly what people don’t want to happen.

Edited by firefox1234
  • Beer 1

1.) The Panthers are picky about drafting a QB. Won't draft one in this weak QB draft.

2.) The o-line is a top priority. O-lineman at 6th likely.

3.) The Panthers won't take a trade down offer that doesn't include equal points. No reason to offer equal points at 6th in this draft. No trade down.

46 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Absolutely under no circumstances should they trade away our number 1 next year.  We're gonna be terrible this year, and there are multiple top flight QB's coming out in that draft.  Thats gonna be our chance to land our franchise guy, assuming they dont go all in for Watson, with the news now that Miami is out of the running. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the idea that Newton still has full seasons left in him is a fallacy.

The idea that Willis is going to be anything like him might be an even bigger one.

I'm not projecting what Willis is or will be.  But, he could POSSIBLY be in the mold of Russ or Lamar, and that would be just fine by me.  I'm convinced there has only been and ever will be ONE singular Cam Newton in his prime.  So I won't ever think any player is going to come in and be him.

Also, I have accepted Cam will never be that guy again, but he can still be damn good.  Real good.  If only for a few starts a season...  and that's fine.  But, he should finish his career here, and I think he wouldn't mind taking the mentor role while still contributing where he can and then move to a backup if we go that route.

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

It should be all OL. If we can get 3 LEGIT starters out of this draft we might have a chance at not sucking.

But I agree, Rule doesn't have the luxury of developing a young QB (not that he's capable of it anyway) and he also can't risk drafting a QB and hoping he's ready to go out of the gate. So QB probably won't be the pick at 6.

All that to say.... Our first pick will probably be another corner.

OL we need badly.  I would love for the Panthers not to suck but if it will guarantee rule's departure......well, why not.  I can't believe I just said that.

5 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

I still think ,  after observing Rhules 2021 draft,, we can't rule out Long Snappers with our first pick.  Rhule is drooling over these 4. 😆  IF we trade back, we'll never get these guys ..

Cal Adomitis ,Pitt..  

Damon Johnson ,  USC

Erik Dickerson, Arz St

John Taylor, Duke 

rule gets worse and worser.

12 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

OL we need badly.  I would love for the Panthers not to suck but if it will guarantee rule's departure......well, why not.  I can't believe I just said that.

I just don't count on Rhule making good enough decisions or puting his fate in someone else's hands. 

Hell find some way to screw it up. Or maybe Tepper will have set such a high bar for this year that even if we win a few more that Rhule won't be able to meet and things are set up well for the next guy and he drafts the stud QB we need.

Or Rhule gets his head out of his ass and the team does really well and we're stuck eating at crow. If that happens, I'll supply the bbq sauce. 

Things have to get better sometime, right?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Or Rhule gets his head out of his ass and the team does really well and we're stuck eating at crow. If that happens, I'll supply the bbq sauce. 

Things have to get better sometime, right?

Good point.  If that comes to fruition I would like buffalo sauce.  Crow really tastes bad.  It does have to get better.  tepper makes a lot of money off this team whether they do good or bad.  When rule is fired and the next coach puts us in the playoffs, tepper will see how much more he can make.

• Pie 1