• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the QBs of the 2022 draft

Verge

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

No, Allen has much more talented arm.  Not close.  There isn’t really a good comp for Willis.  He is just going to bust.  Will happen.  If you have ever been in an impossible situation, take that and multiple by 100 if he goes top 10

The guy is human.  The pressure will be enormously hard for him

Willis has a freaking cannon as well. Maybe Allen’s is stronger, but I wouldn’t be so quick to write off Willis’s. All of the negatives you are saying about Willis can be applied to Allen’s college tape. 

• Pie 1

Is everyone ignoring that Willis isn’t an accurate passer?  I mean he isn’t.  Damn…this guy couldn’t make it as a passer in the SEC.  He could barely do it at Liberty.  He will come here and lead us to a Super Bowl?  LoL.  No fuggin way

Allen was in the mid 50s for completion % and Willis was in the low 60s. I know you are tired of me comparing the two, but both were/are raw passers with lesser talent around then and Allen can’t just get a pass on it while Willis doesn’t. If you also didn’t want Allen in his draft either then I get what you are saying. 

Is everyone ignoring that Willis isn’t an accurate passer?  I mean he isn’t.  Damn…this guy couldn’t make it as a passer in the SEC.  He could barely do it at Liberty.  He will come here and lead us to a Super Bowl?  LoL.  No fuggin way

This just isn't true man. Malik is plenty accurate. He has streaks of some inaccuracy, but he is a solid passer.

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Here are Allen’s stats:

image.thumb.png.1afb233b53006a132ce3036dacaa0e87.png

Here is part of his draft profile:

image.thumb.png.394c8c6e9339e0bd2d908d388212046a.png

So very similar to Willis. Allen is clearly taller and heavier, and with a much lower completion %. But again, very similar negatives.

Allen is one of the rare guys that actually has had his completion percentage improve in the NFL. Typically those low college completion percentage dudes don't get better in the NFL.

Willis wasn't a very accurate passer in college either but much better than Allen.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Sean Salisbury...

My feelings as well.

Yep I have said all along the tape is the tape.  It clearly shows what these dudes can and cannot do.

And LOL at the Josh Allen comparison.  Dude is a complete aberration, a statistical anomaly and most certainly not the norm.  On top of that he went to an organization with great coaches and a clear developmental plan for him.  How many teams would have turned him around?  Maybe 5? 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep I have said all along the tape is the tape.  It clearly shows what these dudes can and cannot do.

And LOL at the Josh Allen comparison.  Dude is a complete aberration, a statistical anomaly and most certainly not the norm.  On top of that he went to an organization with great coaches and a clear developmental plan for him.  How many teams would have turned him around?  Maybe 5? 

They took a raw talent from a small school with high upside very high in the draft because of the potential payoff. BTW McAdoo has said he thought Allen was the best prospect in that class. They gambled and it paid off. What makes everyone fine with Buffalo reaching on a prospect like that but freak out saying Willis will bust? I’m not even saying we need to take him, but he is worth an early gamble for a franchise for sure. 
You need to give Allen more credit. He has spent offseason after offseason perfecting his craft, putting in the time and becoming a more polished player. 
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/how-josh-allen-used-the-2021-offseason-to-make-these-improvements-in-his-game

Some if it is where they land and some if it is the player working his ass off to get better every offseason. 

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Steve Smith wants Willis in Carolina. 

Steve knows it when he sees it unlike so many of the college football fans here who can't get out of their own way bc of preconceived notions. If Willis is the pick I will hope this staff can develop him but I don't have much faith.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They took a raw talent from a small school with high upside very high in the draft because of the potential payoff. BTW McAdoo has said he thought Allen was the best prospect in that class. They gambled and it paid off. What makes everyone fine with Buffalo reaching on a prospect like that but freak out saying Willis will bust? I’m not even saying we need to take him, but he is worth an early gamble for a franchise for sure. 
You need to give Allen more credit. He has spent offseason after offseason perfecting his craft, putting in the time and becoming a more polished player. 
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/how-josh-allen-used-the-2021-offseason-to-make-these-improvements-in-his-game

Some if it is where they land and some if it is the player working his ass off to get better every offseason. 

In his case its both.  In one article that was the very reason that they drafted because of his work ethic.  Huge gamble huge payoff.  But I just cannot compare the two.   And I am not saying Willis will bust I am just saying as of right now I see a run first qb that is inaccurate with sloppy mechanics.  And this is supposedly after working for years with a private coach.

This kid isnt for us.  God forbid we have to draft a qb might as well go with pickett, I think he can at least win some games in the nfl early on. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In his case its both.  In one article that was the very reason that they drafted because of his work ethic.  Huge gamble huge payoff.  But I just cannot compare the two.   And I am not saying Willis will bust I am just saying as of right now I see a run first qb that is inaccurate with sloppy mechanics.  And this is supposedly after working for years with a private coach.

This kid isnt for us.  God forbid we have to draft a qb might as well go with pickett, I think he can at least win some games in the nfl early on. 

So Kenny was 67% his one good year. Willis was 61% and 64% the previous year with one of the worst OL performances in front of him. I’d be curious to see if he could raise it 5% with some actual protection like Kenny had…

• Pie 1