• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper loves futbol more!

BurnNChinn

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm not a Charlotte guy. I'm  a panthers fan. Panthers have an owner who is now, at most, only half invested in the team I've been a fan of for over 2 decades....a team that hasn't had a winning season since he bought it and which seems to be not getting better, in fact in a crappy situation with a joke of a head coach that most people don't understand why he's still employed and a coach that the owner hasn't come out and publicly endorsed after word got out the owner was embarrassed by. 

Sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm for "sport" and love of city.

Excited Sarcasm GIF by The Challenge

Go sports!!!!!

Preach!

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda hoping it does.

Tepper being less involved with the Panthers could actually be a good thing if he leaves them in competent hands.

If pigs fly. If I win the lottery. If the stimulus checks come in.

Oh yes IF he knows competency when he sees it.

9 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

can't believe he showed up to his teams first game wow crazy

The fact that he shows up for his soccer team isn’t an issue 

the fact that he doesn’t show up for the pro football team in managing it properly is if you are a season ticket holder like myself and others expecting a hefty invoice in about two weeks. 

He created the Matt Rhule poo show and only he can fix it.

hard times right now for a lot of people, and it will get harder before better, and spending money on an overpriced, underperforming sports team is a luxury 

• Pie 1

Short of publically hanging Rhule or Darnold what could Tepper say that wouldn't just add fuel to the fire right now?  Do we really need some ho-hum "we're not where we want to be but we're committed to building a blah blah" pep rally statement from the guy

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Short of publically hanging Rhule or Darnold what could Tepper say that wouldn't just add fuel to the fire right now?  Do we really need some ho-hum "we're not where we want to be but we're committed to building a blah blah" pep rally statement from the guy

Any kind of statement would at least be seen as a sign of goodwill. For me the biggest thing is the silence after how eager he was to speak to the media about Cam back in 2020. You were all about finding a microphone then and speaking for the franchise but you can't say a word now? Just looks inconsistent.

• Pie 1

Why is everyone shocked the opening match to a brand new franchise was well attended?   Give it 10 or so games and dwelling in the MLS basement and see if 75,000 fans are still in the stands.  Charlotte is become more and more like LA.  People attend things like this for the pomp of the event, not to actually pay attention to the event.  They want to say, "Yeah, I was there!"  I doubt most of the crowd has ever watched an entire soccer game, let alone know the rules.  

'Why don't the offense just post a guy up in front of the goal the entire game???'  {Because it's offsides}  'What the crap is an offsides?' 

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Short of publically hanging Rhule or Darnold what could Tepper say that wouldn't just add fuel to the fire right now? 

"I admit it. I don't know what I'm doing" would be a good start.

"I apologize for this sh-t show" would be a nice gesture too.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1