• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I disagree completely.  CMC was our offense a fews years back when healthy.  He is 25 and not currently injured.  Everyone has completely written us off but we do have talent on this roster.  We won’t be doing a fire sell anytime soon and anyone who thinks we are doesn’t get the situation 

I don’t think we WILL but I can’t say I think we shouldn’t. We are once again cap strapped, with no offensive line, losing Reddick, no QB and likely a new coaching staff coming in next season.

CMC hasn’t stayed healthy in two years and thinking he can be our offense again for a whole season sees based more on optimism than in reality. I respect your opinion so I won’t say “you don’t get the situation” but I certainly disagree with your position here. I just don’t see it.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t think we WILL but I can’t say I think we shouldn’t. We are once again cap strapped, with no offensive line, losing Reddick, no QB and likely a new coaching staff coming in next season.

CMC hasn’t stayed healthy in two years and thinking he can be our offense again for a whole season sees based more on optimism than in reality. I respect your opinion so I won’t say “you don’t get the situation” but I certainly disagree with your position here. I just don’t see it.

Fine we disagree 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Of course we could be in the playoffs in 3 years.  We will likely have 90% different players in 3 years than what we have now. 3 years in an eternity in the NFL.  

Tell that to the Browns, Lions, Jags, Jets, Bills (pre current regime) Dolphins, Raiders… do I hope you are right? Of course. But I think the Bengals overnight success has everyone forgetting that some teams take decades to get back there. Especially those with incompetent owners/front offices

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Who is "ya'll" and who here is still actively backing Tepper and Rhule? Lol 

We all agree that this team has been run terribly since Tepper stepped in. But holding on to CMC just to miss the playoffs for the next three years seems kind of silly when we could start adding assets for a rebuild that essentially has to happen before we can have success again. I don't want Rhule drafting a QB. I don't want Rhule here at all. But I did say when he came in it was time to tear it al down and rebuild. We didn't. We thought we could "win now" and that is EXACTLY why we are still in the same position we were when he got here. 

We need to break this thing up and finally start over. And adding 1sts and making cap space is a good start towards that. 

Adding assets is smart, in theory. Adding assets when Rhule is running the team is retarded. 

"Y'all" in this case was directed toward any season-ticket or PSL holder.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Adding assets is smart, in theory. Adding assets when Rhule is running the team is retarded. 

"Y'all" in this case was directed toward any season-ticket or PSL holder.

I agree with that for sure. If we could add a 2023 1st I would like it even more. I don’t want Rhule fingerprints on this team anymore than they already are.

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree with that for sure. If we could add a 2023 1st I would like it even more. I don’t want Rhule fingerprints on this team anymore than they already are.

It comes down to this: if Rhule weren't running the team I'd understand it a bit. But if Rhule weren't running the team, there would be no need for it.

So it's just retarded, like everything else this shitwreck does.

4 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Trading our franchise player for a 1st round pick that has a chance to be a franchise player seems dumb to me. Mcafferey has put our team on his back while he's played here and there's not another NFL player that makes defenses scheme around him as much as him. 

Which hasn’t been very often 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

It comes down to this: if Rhule weren't running the team I'd understand it a bit. But if Rhule weren't running the team, there would be no need for it.

So it's just retarded, like everything else this shitwreck does.

I’m just of the mindset Rhule won’t be here after this year. So if we can grab a future first then I’m very on board.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m just of the mindset Rhule won’t be here after this year. So if we can grab a future first then I’m very on board.

That's thinking with your heart and not your head. I don't think Rhule gets less than 5 years, even if he enters 2023 on a 24-game losing streak.

8 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Trading our franchise player for a 1st round pick that has a chance to be a franchise player seems dumb to me. Mcafferey has put our team on his back while he's played here and there's not another NFL player that makes defenses scheme around him as much as him.  We will be begging for him back when you see all we have in the backfield is Chuba and Darnold 

If your "franchise player" is a RB in today's NFL then your team sucks.

The Titans are the high water mark of how far a RB led team can go and they still have a pretty decent QB and a great D.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1