• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Bottom of the class": Bruce Feldman talks Combine quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

For all those suggesting drafting a QB this year at #6  -  when Rhule is eventually ousted a new coach is going to come in with a new offensive scheme.  And he's going to want "his guy" not some desperation pick from the previous regime.   We're not talking about finding an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning in the 2022 draft.  

The new coach will get more time and leeway dumping the young QB and making his own choice.   Why tie yourself to a (likely bad) decision that somebody else made ?   Get somebody who matches up exactly with the offense you want to run.  

So a QB in the first is probably a wasted pick that puts the Carolina franchise even further from ever being competitive.  Compare that to drafting a LT or star defensive player in 2022 who the incoming coach will welcome with open arms.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Notice that they didn't really ding Corral's skill level. Perhaps it was in part because he couldn't physically perform at the Combine, but I think it's because they know he has a likelihood of having the real stuff.

I'm not sleeping on Corral. I know he's a wildcard, but at this point, he might be worth the risk. We will see. Like with CMC, my biggest issue with Corral is durability. But I think he can modify his game a little bit to give him a better chance of minimizing injuries 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Notice that they didn't really ding Corral's skill level. Perhaps it was in part because he couldn't physically perform at the Combine, but I think it's because they know he has a likelihood of having the real stuff.

I'm not sleeping on Corral. I know he's a wildcard, but at this point, he might be worth the risk. We will see. Like with CMC, my biggest issue with Corral is durability. But I think he can modify his game a little bit to give him a better chance of minimizing injuries 

Coral seems to be getting the stigma of Ryan Leaf 2.0

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The solution to righting this ship is easy and right in front of our faces.  And it doesnt involve giving up any capital.

Build the line in this draft and get your qb next draft.  Why this is a mystery to the folks at Mint st I have no clue

Cheers GIF by MOODMAN