• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson won't face criminal charges

TheSpecialJuan

18 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Best case for Watson is to just figure out what team he wants to play for. Then only accept a trade to that team and leak it. That drastically reduces the trade value and keeps the team that probably trades for him from losing tons of draft capital and valuable starters. Idk, I’m just a drunk atm but it makes sense. 

Bro, said that pages ago and I agree thats the way this gets done! Its weekend and I got to start boozing as well! 

32 minutes ago, panfanman said:

Without reading ALL 18 freakin' pages to this thread. . .is it possible the Watson trade doesn't go down until the day of the draft?

Highly unlikely. All parties involved will want to move fast before the start of the new league year and free agency next week 

36 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bro, said that pages ago and I agree thats the way this gets done! Its weekend and I got to start boozing as well! 

ABC store ain’t stocked enough if this happens…I will really miss the Panthers 

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

You’re absolutely right. It’s not just QBs…. but the hardest thing to get in the NFL is a franchise QB. 

The same teams are always having the most success and the same teams are always having the least amount. The successful teams have a QB. Watson could have over 10 years left. That’s plenty of time to build around him. Good luck us building around a unproven rookie QB. 

The good teams have more than just a franchise QB. They have good management, coaches, and scouts. They make smart trades and signings, treat the players well, and aren't afraid to cut or trade a guy that is getting long in the tooth. In short, successful teams are well run teams from the top down.

Giving up multiple picks can be smart when the team is entering their window to compete for a title. See the Chiefs and Rams for example. Giving up multiple picks out of desperation is stupid. See Washington with the RG3 trade or the Saints with the Ricky Williams trade for example.

Giving up multiple picks and young starting players is beyond stupid, especially when you won't have the cap space to sign quality free agents to replace those young starters. Bypassing better quality prospects for more later round picks as the Panthers did this past draft isn't the way to replace those starting caliber players either.

I get wanting to have a young, exciting, and dynamic young QB to cheer for, but selling the farm to acquire one is not the way when the team is in bad shape. I'm against selling out for this trade just as I was for trading up in the draft, the team just isn't ready to compete.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The good teams have more than just a franchise QB. They have good management, coaches, and scouts. They make smart trades and signings, treat the players well, and aren't afraid to cut or trade a guy that is getting long in the tooth. In short, successful teams are well run teams from the top down.

Giving up multiple picks can be smart when the team is entering their window to compete for a title. See the Chiefs and Rams for example. Giving up multiple picks out of desperation is stupid. See Washington with the RG3 trade or the Saints with the Ricky Williams trade for example.

Giving up multiple picks and young starting players is beyond stupid, especially when you won't have the cap space to sign quality free agents to replace those young starters. Bypassing better quality prospects for more later round picks as the Panthers did this past draft isn't the way to replace those starting caliber players either.

I get wanting to have a young, exciting, and dynamic young QB to cheer for, but selling the farm to acquire one is not the way when the team is in bad shape. I'm against selling out for this trade just as I was for trading up in the draft, the team just isn't ready to compete.

Condensed version…trading for Watson is retarded

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Could someone refresh my memory as to why Watson wants to leave Houston?

Because he's a whiny bitch and his feeling are hurt due to ownership not ceding him the GM position/responsibilities...

...Mr. Whip-It-Out is taking some bad advice and has become delusional.  

#BuyerBeware  

(assumes he's really for sale, which is in doubt)