• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Read this, give me your thoughts.

Zod

It's a bit rich to say Watson is the victim based on this affidavit created by the defense team. You have to realize a couple things.  A) In this kind of he said, she said case, particularly when the "he" is a super rich and powerful guy with tons more resources, the women rarely get justice. They know that. If you are that woman and everyone is saying that and it gets floated "Well look we know you won't win in court but we can make him hurt with his checkbook and at least then you can get a little payback. Better than nothing, right?" Would you be a money grubbing hussy for even listening to that line of thought? That's effectively what a couple of those are suggesting. 

B) This lists a small number of the 22 people in the case. Is there a chance 2 or 3 of them heard about the case, gladly did whatever Watson wanted for extra money and thought, "Hell yeah, I'll jump in for an extra payday." It's equally stupid to think there wouldn't be at least one person trying to take advantage of the situation as thinking that a couple people doing it for money means inevitably all 22 were. 

At the end of the day, it's pretty much accepted that Watson seeks out women he's paying for legal services with the hopes of getting sex out of them. That's wrong no matter how you spin it and his position of power over them makes it incredibly unethical. The only question is whether he did anything bad enough to be criminal and that's where the he said, she said comes in. But even in the best case scenario, treating him like some poor pariah who deserves our profuse apologies is kind of pathetic if you ask me.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

At the end of the day, it's pretty much accepted that Watson seeks out women he's paying for legal services with the hopes of getting sex out of them.

I disagree. I think he seeks out women who are ok giving illegal services under the title of "massage therapist". Instagram is full of them. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

I disagree. I think he seeks out women who are ok giving illegal services under the title of "massage therapist". Instagram is full of them. 

Instagram is full of a lot of well, interesting women. 

This still makes me chuckle. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

If he wanted consensual, he could have gone to any number of rub and tug joints. He didn't.

Yeah, because one of the most famous men in Houston can just stroll into one of those places. 

12 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

The defense's statement. What did you think it was gonna say? "He wuz a gud boy that never tyied to sex those wimmins."

Grand jury with females and a female district attorney decided not even to pursue charges. That's the only fact that we know. All the rest is story telling.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Lol, straw man. Sign of a lost argument.

I get it. You've got a hard on for this guy. Nothing is going to change your your mind. Like the most famous guy in Houston didn't have any other options to get laid. JFC. It's a pathetic argument to start with. You do you. You asked for thoughts but don't like any that disagree with you.

Edited by Mike in Raleigh
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I get it. You've got a hard on for this guy. Nothing is going to change your your mind. Like the most famous guy in Houston didn't have any other options to get laid. JFC. It's a pathetic argument to start with. You do you. You asked for thoughts but don't like any that disagree with you.

Probably cuz you're wrong