• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Eh. They seem to be on the rebuilding front letting go of Wagner, no? I mean, their offensive line is still garbage. Their defense is worse than Carolinas. And arguably got rid of the two players those mostly contributed to them getting their 7 wins. I could be wrong on this though. 

The Wagner cut is confusing if they trade for Watson. Outside of that though, they can actually give up the haul of picks to Houston without completely gutting their draft capital due to the Wilson trade.

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Don't really care about Cam Newton's draft talk 11 years later. But sure if you want to reference something from 11 years ago. Be my guest. Nolan Nawrocki isn't even a person in the media anymore. LOL. But alrighty. Sure. 

That’s just an example. Now answer how some self proclaimed insider has more contacts and credibility than Jeremiah? 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Wagner cut is confusing if they trade for Watson. Outside of that though, they can actually give up the haul of picks to Houston without completely gutting their draft capital due to the Wilson trade.

Yeah, but don't they want a player or two as well? Will Seattle part ways with Metcalf? Who on their defense is worth two shitts to trade? Some could argue isn't Carroll on a hot seat too? Plus he's 70? I mean, Seattle isn't exactly paradise compared to Carolina right now. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, but don't they want a player or two as well? Will Seattle part ways with Metcalf? Who on their defense is worth two shitts to trade? Some could argue isn't Carroll on a hot seat too? Plus he's 70? I mean, Seattle isn't exactly paradise compared to Carolina right now. 

Plus a way harder division...

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What pick swap is going to get a team to take on 19M for a useless QB? Explain this magical scenario. 

I know you've convinced yourself you're a genius and know it all, but just wait and see. If the Watson move happens, Darnold will be gone. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

They picked up three players in that Wilson trade themselves including a good Young starting TE and a starting DL. They wouldn't be nearly as gutted in capital as we would be.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Plus a way harder division...

Yeah. Everything we've heard the past two days is Carolina is the perfect trade partner for Houston. Not sure what Seattle would be to them. Because Carolina is willing to part with players. I'm not sure Seattle has the players to part with. Rashad Penny? Tyler Lockett? LOL. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They picked up three players in that Wilson trade themselves including a good Young starting TE and a starting DL. They wouldn't be nearly as gutted in capital as we would be.

They still will be year of non  competitiveness in a harder division 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

I know you've convinced yourself you're a genius and know it all, but just wait and see. If the Watson move happens, Darnold will be gone. 

He may be gone but there is no scenario where the Panthers get all 19M back to use towards the cap, as you said would happen. Again explain how this would be possible? 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He is. But it will be worth it imo. Ygm is gonna have to step up. And they’re gonna have to find gems in mid round picks.

It'll be like most of Cam's career. Elite QB surrounded by a bad team with a fanbase screaming to get the QB some help. The only difference is that instead of watching roster building capital get pissed away we just won't have any capital.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I meant trade wise for us. We have players they want. Seattle doesn't. And whatever we "gut" from this team is what it is to me. We won 5 games with the same roster last year with no QB. This year, if we don't trade for Watson it would be the same. 4 years in a row with 5 wins or less is an unmitigated disaster. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seattle's roster sans Wilson and Wagner is worse than Carolina's roster by a pretty wide margin. They really do not have many pieces with independent value, and even less that fit the Texans' timeline to compete. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1