• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

How? We've been running for over a year. Our legs are out of gas.

As Natalie and Ellis shared... we are in this for the long haul, the only rush we have is landing Watson. Plus we can already plan our FA with the Watson deciison in the air as Person and Newton shared today. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The fact that we are meeting is a huge step.

Do we win in the end? Who knows but we wouldn’t be meeting if Deshaun wasn’t interested.

He's about to get everything he can ask for from us. Going to be interesting that's for damn sure. 

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

He's about to get everything he can ask for from us. Going to be interesting that's for damn sure. 

@Panthercougar68Im wondering if the franchise treats it like a true recruitment pitch. They fly to him or fly him in and have key players in the meeting and have him spend time with former panthers (luke, greg, cam, ryan etc) and then Tepper/Samir/SCott sit down with Watson and give him the run through of plans and intentions. 

They willl most likely review:

1. 2022 FA approach
2. 2023 FA approach
3. The new offensive gameplan
4. forward looking staffing

My standing question is "Will deshaun waive it for multiple teams?"

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

@Panthercougar68Im wondering if the franchise treats it like a true recruitment pitch. They fly to him or fly him in and have key players in the meeting and have him spend time with former panthers (luke, greg, cam, ryan etc) and then Tepper/Samir/SCott sit down with Watson and give him the run through of plans and intentions. 

They willl most likely review:

1. 2022 FA approach
2. 2023 FA approach
3. The new offensive gameplan
4. forward looking staffing

My standing question is "Will deshaun waive it for multiple teams?"

100% Basically they are gonna have to lay out the plan on how they would use him to win and keep things going.

This whole Aaron Rodgers thing has me wondering if other QBs are looking around and saying “yeah I have the talent but how is the team not gonna screw me over”

The NTC jargon is confusing because he can only “technically” waive it for one team but I believe the meeting means he’s agreed to waive it to that team if he likes the pitch.

Edited by Panthercougar68

Just now, Toker Smurf said:

If we land Watson should we consider trading Darnold to get rid of some of his salary? Even if that means something like trading away a sixth and getting back a seventh.

he is rumored to be in the deal already according to multiple dependable sources. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1