• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know many of you have Sam Howell lower on your draft boards and I personally think it's a mistake.

In 2020 when Carolina had great weapons and a porous defense Sam continually kept them in the game.  

We all know he has the arm to play in the NFL and IMO all the other tools to do well.  Many want to put 2021 as gauge on Sam.  If you had switched 2020 and 2021 season Sam would clearly be the best QB in this draft.   I don't think his skills diminished or were a flash in the pan.  He just didn't have the supporting cast he had in 2020. I am a Tarheel football fan along with ECU. (student there many moons ago) UNC is not a powerhouse football program. UNC cannot replace NFL level talent like the Ohio States and Alabamas can. What Sam had in 2020 cannot be replaced and it showed.  You can't blame Sam for the lack of talent around him.

Assuming we fix our line.  Sam would have the weapons here.  We have quality Wideouts and depending on CMCs health a good to great running game. 

Many dislike him and that's your opinion but IMO we will regret passing on him.   I believe he is going to have a long career in the NFL. 

I agree with you. He's my second QB in this draft. I think he could be an nfl QB too. 

I’d be happy with Howell, but I think we can get him later. I would prefer a trade down (not likely in this draft) or if we could trade CMC for Buffalo’s first (anything else is bonus) and use it for Howell. We could walk out with Cross and Howell in the first. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’d be happy with Howell, but I think we can get him later. I would prefer a trade down (not likely in this draft) or if we could trade CMC for Buffalo’s first (anything else is bonus) and use it for Howell. We could walk out with Cross and Howell in the first. 

We're gonna trade everything for Watson then watch complaining for years about how Watson has no help.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're gonna trade everything for Watson then watch complaining for years about how Watson has no help.

Shhh. I’m trying to pretend like that’s that happening. I’m over here in denial and you are trying to ruin it for me!

Watson will be a Seahawk…. 

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is exactly my concern.  Watson is a great QB, not even debatable.  But there is no way we give up talent plus draft picks for him and still find a way to support him.

• Pie 1