• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

i have recently read that no picks were going to be involved.  I find that hard to believe unless they want players on our squad right now.   I think it would be foolish to give up all our talent and leave the QB without anyone to work with, plus Watson would void the trade if we had no assets.

I would say that CMC could be involved because we have Hubbard and I believe with a better line he can be a frontline RB.  Anderson or Moore or possibly TMJ could be another asset we could part with since we have Smith sitting in the wings.   Defensively possibly Shaq and maybe YGM or Brown but since we let most of our FA walk I am not sure who else we could let go.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

They don’t need to be under the cap to make the trade. They just have to be under the cap by the start of the season.

Source? Because I believe this is wildly wrong. At the very least, each team must reconcile their cap by the start of the league year, which is tomorrow at 4 PM.

• Pie 1

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Source? Because I believe this is wildly wrong. At the very least, each team must reconcile their cap by the start of the league year, which is tomorrow at 4 PM.

Yeah you are right I believe.  It's why we have shaved away our cap hits so quickly.  We would just wait and see if we landed Watson or not first if we didn't have to...

5 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

From this morning…before anything about ATL came outA8D1BCBD-A560-42EA-915E-89EA5260965D.thumb.png.b0b91eca6103ca4066336fd8935a6ace.png

Good God the 3 picks is hard to swallow but giving up our best two defenders really hurts.  

Question for the Cap guys.  We don't add much to the salary cap off of Burns and Chinn?  I mean that is more money we can bring in replacements for these guys.