• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield training camp

Zod

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe but I'm not certain. Hell, old take 24k gold plated after the trash we've been fielding at LT for years.

I don't think he is gonna prove to me much better than we have been fielding. We like him because he isn't Erving but that's really about all there is to like about him.

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think he is gonna prove to me much better than we have been fielding. We like him because he isn't Erving but that's really about all there is to like about him.

I like him because he played well at LT in college, played the best of our bad options at LT last year, and he's on a cheap rookie contract. If we don't sign a legit FA or draft an OT at #6 if we retain that pick he should walk into TC next year with the starting LT spot his to lose.

• Pie 1

There is no comparison.  At their peaks, Baker blows Sam out of the water, period.  Talking about a league average starter or at least top 20 versus a scrub who is worst than half the backup QBs in the league.

Baker on a reasonable deal is good value while you pick his replacement in the draft

I would rather just roll with Cam and Sam (since we are stuck with Sam next season due to his crap contract). Give Cam another year and work on another QB in draft next season while taking a too offensive line prospect with our #6 draft choice. Cam doesn't have what he once did but I think he could still play some ball if he had a lone that could help give him some time to actually scan the damn field and keep his jersey clean.

Edited by YourLastThought

21 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I would rather just roll with Cam and Sam (since we are stuck with Sam next season due to his crap contract). Give Cam another year and work on another QB in draft next season while taking a too offensive line prospect with our #6 draft choice. Cam doesn't have what he once did but I think he could still play some ball if he had a lone that could help give him some time to actually scan the damn field and keep his jersey clean.

Why would Cam want any part of the Panthers clown show? He deserves to go somewhere with an owner and staff who knows what they’re doing and has a chance to win a SB.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like him because he played well at LT in college, played the best of our bad options at LT last year, and he's on a cheap rookie contract. If we don't sign a legit FA or draft an OT at #6 if we retain that pick he should walk into TC next year with the starting LT spot his to lose.

I will agree but would rather the first two options happen. IMO, he is still basically just a depth guy at best.

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

Cam is terrible.