• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BULLET DODGED.......NOW...FIRE RHULE

ncstatekwi

16 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

I know right...the crazy thing is that I will be there for the Panthers every Sunday even through tough times...but y'all its so frustrating...and our schedule this year isn't so kind....RHULE has it cut out for him...don't think he should be doing college clinics right now...el oh el

I have a feeling he runs back to the NCAA Bobby Petrino style next season. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

I’m out until Tepper fires this clown.  I will drop in on the forum from time to time during the season but I’m done watching until changes are made. Tepper has transformed this franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL. 

Then just laugh right along like I do. Try it, it's liberating.  It makes the rare win even more joyous.  That's how I coop.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

Fingers crossed!!

Either way he's not making it out of this season with a winning record and a job. Tepper will most likely allow a real GM and Morgan to find a coach. I say things are looking really up for us. 

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Did you verify they wanted to come here?  Just our choice right?  

Are you saying they would have done better?  Seriously?

They both would likely have rather had a starting role than backup. And yeah, I'm pretty sure if we had offered either one of them 23m for 2 years they both would have jumped at it. 

What greatness did Sammy D demonstrate? His 2500 yards 9 tds and 13 ints. Maybe it was the 200 yards rushing, 5 tds and 9 fumbles. It doesn't matter if Minshew or Trubisky were better than Darnold. He was a terrible QB over the course of the season. If they had finished worse than Sam, we would be talking about a top 5 pick instead of the 6th. That's not exactly something to hang your hat on. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

Minshew mania....a late pick plus about $2 mil a year to give some competition of we don't draft a QB....????

Minshew was actually my preferred choice over Darnold long before we made the trade. He had more swag and poise than Darnold has ever had, and I was shocked he went in a trade for a 5th. He had some success, even in Jacksonville. It may not of translated here, but I always felt he had the most upside with the least amount of risk. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So go ahead and explain how Mariota, at 3.5M, and no draft picks was a worse option than Darnold at 24M and 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks. Mariota had played at a higher level than Darnold ever did. So why Darnold? How is Darnold not dumb but Mariota is? 

This x100.

Getting Darnold for that price let alone the price we got Teddy for as well is pure incompetence. There is no reasonable excuse for them. Rhule, Tepper, and co. deserve all the heat coming at them.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

With all the uproar over Ridley’s 1 year suspension for gambling…just watch Watson get at least 1 year as well for this.  It’s a diff NFL then it was when Ben messed up.  Much more pressure 

It's also possible that Goodell could suspend Watson for one year, but then count the 2021 season as "time served". That would allow Watson to suit up Week 1.

Tepper just needs to dissociate himself from the Panthers for a while and hire actual football people to run the organization. He can focus on his MLS team and watch his bank account grow. Idk how long it will take for him to realize that he has caused more harm than good since purchasing the team.

50 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It's also possible that Goodell could suspend Watson for one year, but then count the 2021 season as "time served". That would allow Watson to suit up Week 1.

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Tepper just needs to dissociate himself from the Panthers for a while and hire actual football people to run the organization. He can focus on his MLS team and watch his bank account grow. Idk how long it will take for him to realize that he has caused more harm than good since purchasing the team.

Does it count as a suspension if you are paid?