• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three top 10 QB's refused to play for Matt Rhule.

Zod

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

No they were not, nothing has looked good since they cut Cam to sign Teddy to a 63m contract. We should have just sucked our way to a high enough pick to get a real QB. 

Matt Rhule’s first year should’ve been the rebuild year. That is when the smart move would have been to tear everything down. Even if they lost all of their games it would have been fine because that’s what everyone expected. 
frankly I blame Marty Hurney in trying to salvage what they had on the roster back in and win as many games as they could.
In retrospect after Matt Rhule’s first season I came to the conclusion that Marty was just trying to save his job by winning a large number of games. I believe that his motivation was to show that he could remain the general manager in a sustainable and progressive capacity.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

That's just not true. But it is clear that you, and many fans in general, don't have the patience to see beyond 2 years.

It is true, that coach might fug around and win one season and go back to being poo, if they dont win in the first 2 seasons, they are not going to win consistently. 

Just now, PootieNunu said:

No one said extend Cam, but dont sign fugging Teddy and damn sure dont trade for Darnold.

We had Grier on the roster, he could have QB'd us to #1-3 pick and we could have gotten a QB.

Tepper and Rhule were listening to Marty and his one guy away bullshit, it all started with Tepper firing Ron and keeping Marty. 

I don't think it mattered which coach got hired, Grier was never going to start for this team.

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Even before Matt Rhule was cut it was article after article that David Tepper didn't believe Cam was it and was likely not to extend him. This was a Tepper mistake, not a Rhule mistake.

In hindsight he was a complete idiot. Cams phone is ringing to this day. Shoulder isn't shot just the brains if people like Tepper who wanted to believe that to begin to build THEIR legacy of destruction and foolishness.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

From what I see I do not think he has a choice.  The chain of command doesn't flow through Fitt.

Thats exactly why other guys interviewed for our GM job and then said no thanks, or some guys did not want to interview at all. No one wants to be Rhules puppet that has any other real options. 

If you look from an outsiders perspective Matt basically thought Teddy B was a better qb then Cam that was a push let’s say. The very next year he was adamant he could have Sam preform better then Teddy B. It shows he doesn’t really know qb play why would a top tier qb want to endure that kind of thinking it makes no sense I'd always do what’s best for me and my career in this situation wouldn’t you?

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

In hindsight he was a complete idiot. Cams phone is ringing to this day. Shoulder isn't shot just the brains if people like Tepper who wanted to believe that to begin to build THEIR legacy of destruction and foolishness.

Now this I agree with. This has been a mess top to bottom since we got new ownership. Really they have played this thing look rookies, but hopefully this Watson failure has slapped them enough to start taking things seriously.

15 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

If we are talking about last year, things were looking very very positive for Matt Rhule and the direction of the team. Things really started to sour after the matt Stafford whiff and what followed that.

He only had one year in so he was still an unknown commodity without pro experience who had a coaching staff without experience. 

At best, he was still an experiment and not at all a proven commodity. There was and is really no reason to choose him over a head coach with a proven track record of success or one with years of experience in the league.

He's just not an attractive commodity, regardless of how he tries to sell himself. His sales pitch might work on kids and billionaires with no/limited experience running a team, and bad GMs, but apparently it's not working on the grown men who take the field.

Does Tepper actually believe that Rhule is his long term guy? Does he have faith in his head coach? Then come out and say it. Players notice this kind of thing. Why come and lead a team as a franchise QB if the head coach has an uncertain future?

Just now, Jaxel said:

Now this I agree with. This has been a mess top to bottom since we got new ownership. Really they have played this thing look rookies, but hopefully this Watson failure has slapped them enough to start taking things seriously.

I doubt it, Tepper is going to double down on Rhule now. 

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

They seemed to be taking things very serious they just have a different perspective then a lot of football heads. Everyone knew Sam wasn’t a solid starter that you’d go acquire over Teddy at that point of both of their careers. But we did list money and draft picks behind that ignorance so it’s not hard to see why people wouldn’t want to put their future in the hands of these inexperienced guys. All three qbs could draw up a better game-plan then we’ve used last year on O.